Undisputed 2: Last Man Standing (2006) Michael Jai White vs. Scott Adkins

Guest D1 Ma

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has been a lot of comments about Tony Jaa working with big names like Jackie Chan, Jet Li, Sammo Hung, etc.... But, i think it would be nice to see Tony Jaa vs. Scott Adkins in a movie..Adkins can do almost everything Jaa does, he's bigger, more muscular and he can act, so why not putting those guy together in a movie.

Guest JAZZYMONKEY

IHAVE TO SAY THAT I WAS REALLY IMPRESSED WITH THIS SEQUEL TO THE FIRST MOVIE STARRING WESLEY SNIPES AND VING RHAMES.

THE STORYLINE IS NUTHING SPECIAL BUT THE ACTION IS VERY COOL AND INTENSE . I HAVE TO GIVE PROPS TO THE CHROEGRAPHER OF THE MOVIE-JAMES "COCO"PERRY FOR PUTTING TOGETHER SOEM WELL EXECUTED FIGHT SCENES.

WANT TO GIVE PROPS TO MICHEAL JAI WHITE(SPAWN) AND SCOTT ADKINS FOR ADAPTING TO THE STYLE OF FIGHTING IN THE FILM. I HOPE TO SEE MORE OF THE "ASIAN" TYPE OF FIGHTING IN MORE AMERICAN MOVIES WITHOUT ANY ADDED EFFECTS(CGI NOT NEEDED).:D

Guest morgoth

I thought it was very well directed and Jai White did a great acting job. The fights are like a mix of MMA techniques with Hong Kong style action. Had to watch this a couple times to see all of moves pulled off. Very good movie.

I thought the first two fights were the best, plus very short training sequences/A lot of acrobatics and flashy moves. MJW fights were very grounded and somewhat slower. SA was simply great.

Overall, average movie with laughable plot...I loved the part where MJW was doing a vodka commercial: "If you wanna be a champ, you gotta drink a lot of vodka!"

Guest morgoth

I thought it was above average becasue of the great directing and acting but that is just me. It was cool to see the director showing off his moves in the behind the scenes.

Guest monk sante

Pretty good film but I expected a little more MJW. He is a blackbelt in 7 different martial arts but his skills in this film were not impressive, I thought the russian dude stole the show. :smokin

Guest tigerstyles

MJW has always been stiff looking and uncomfortable with onscreen fights, whereas Scott Adkins is a STAR and outright brilliant onscreen performer even his acting was great. loved him slapping the fat cornerman what a film.

Guest The Running Man

I thought the movie is good, but not great.

Two things bother me.

1) While the fights were very well directed and choreographed, Issac does this thing that I LOATH and he does it in EVERY friggin' movie he has worked on. He has a fight, then shows about 30 seconds of it, then cuts to something else for about a minute, then cuts back to the fight and shows another 30 seconds, then cuts to something else...over and over again.

I absolutely hate this and it is his number one flaw when shooting action.

The other thing in his action that bothers me, and this is something he only did in this film, is these totally unnecessary camera speed changes he did within the frame. Something is slow motion, he changes up the speed and kicks it into fast forward...for no reason. Don't like that.

2) The last thing that gets me about this film is it's story and it's because towards the end of the movie they get the wheelchair character and decide to give him a back story complete with a whole arc. I have no problem with the development of secondary characters but it's the fact that the movie introduces it so late and then decides to end the film on him gives the whole thing a real "tacked on" feel. Not very well written.

But it's worth a see. However, I feel that it is inferior to Issac's previous film Special Forces.

I was not expecting much when picked this at bargain bin..But I have always liked prison movies,part 1 though was nothing special even with Wesley Snipes in it...But gosh,this sequel really delivers,mostly because one man-Scott Adkins.

Even in non-fighting scenes he gives impression of one really bad m*therf*cka.When saw his 1st time I thought this might be interesting..However fight scenes were so good it was jawdropping stuff.

This guy delivers some of best aerial kicks I have seen on film...bright future I think awaits him

You need to see this one...

• Administrator

I've gotta agree with you Blood Sword- this movie kicked major ass! I just saw it this week, and man, I sure was impressed. I'm a big fan of Michael Jai White, and he was his usual awesome self in this. But Scott Adkins? Damn, this guy is incredible. His kicks, punches, dodges, and flips were all so crisp and precise. He moves like a giant, muscular version of Yuen Biao! During his first fight I literally sat up straight and gasped "Yo! What- are you kidding me?" And his acting is really good too. He managed to make what could easily have been a one dimensional character seem like a very real (and very intimidating) dude. I thought he was great in the few things I'd seen him in before, but this performance basically guarantees I will now watch anything that he's in.

As for the movie itself, I liked it much more than the original- which I thought was decent, but nothing too special. They made the hero an unapolagetic jerk, that you still cared about, and took you on his journey (not to sound too corny, but...) to become not only a better fighter, but a better man. It was very nicely directed and filmed, even managing to inject some natural heart into what's become a cliche genre. The training scenes were cool, but a bit too brief. Other than that minor criticism... no complaints!

He is Giant man indeed...this was 1st movie I have seen with him...When saw him appearing ring I was expecting punches and usual wrestling stuff...when he leaped into air I was really like omg,what the hell:xd:.You would not expect guy so big move like that....I did read part 3 will be made Scott Adkins is again in it:xd::xd::xd:

He does some extrelemy ankward looking aerial stuff,I need to check those again and again...

And even as he seems to be bad to the bone he kills 2 guys for (kind of)reason you know,dun wan tell it here coz others may want find out themselves.

Agreed this is one of the best American made martial arts films in a long while. When I say best....good story, acting, and editing of the fights. The choreography speaks for itself!!

Michael Jai White is really cool and Scott Adkins...is the man!! I can't wait for NINJA and UNDISPUTED 3!!

One Armed Boxer

I may be 12 years late to the party on this one, but after seeing Scott Adkins face off against Michael Jai White in 'Accident Man', I finally decided to take it off the shelf and give it a go.  All I can say is, I'm definitely glad I did!  Check out my full review over at COF - 

http://cityonfire.com/undisputed-2-last-man-standing-2006-michael-jai-white-scott-adkins-review/

2 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

I may be 12 years late to the party on this one,

You and me both, still not tracked these movies down, but I did kinda burn out on the illagal tournment theme, around the time these became popular with fans.

ShaOW!linDude
4 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

Check out my full review over at COF

And a bodacious review it is!!! :evilgrin

Archived