Help Identifying Poster

drauch

Question

7 answers to this question

Chen Hung Lieh

I don't recognize Barry Chan in the middle of the picture (for me, he looks more like Tsung Hua !), but the guy in white right above the Thai title might be Chen Sing, though he looks more like Tien Yeh for me, but it's well known that the Thai posters, as beautiful as they are, aren't very "faithful" to the real faces of the actors, at least for some of them that I saw in various sites...

Also, the three heads in the fire at the top of the poster make me think of the movie Three-head monster (but I never watched it).

None of the actresses mentioned in the cast look like the one on the poster for me.

In addition to that, it seems that there are elements of fantasy in this movie according to the poster, but hkmdb only mentions it as a martial arts movie, while when it's a mix of martial arts and fantasy it's always mentioned...

Edited by ShawAngela
  • Like 3

18 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

it's well known that the Thai posters, as beautiful as they are, aren't very "faithful" to the real faces of the actors, at least for some of them that I saw in various sites...

Indeed, it's very common for foreign posters to have images unrelated to the movie it's for. Even some Chinese posters that were over seen by the studios have mistakes as well. I don't think I can really imagine how rushed the main production of a kung fu movie was, never mind the poster.

• Like 2

Yeah, it's definitely not Ginseng King aka Thread-Headed Monster. Curious if this movie actually exists or if this poster is simply a mashup. The skull pharaoh looking guy on the left looks very Tokusatsu, but I haven't seen him myself. Thinking I might ask some tokusatsu experts to see if he's from something I'm not aware of. Dream scenario he was made for this movie, but I'm really starting to doubt it.

FLK has this "dvd" with this poster, but of course no screenshots and I'm not giving them any bucks.

• Like 2

And to answer my own question, definitely not Wandering Knight from 1979. Didn't realize this was on Youtube now as it wasn't last time I was looking around. I'll change the title accordingly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Chen Hung Lieh said:

According to the movie.douban link, it looks like it's really Tien Yeh who plays in this movie with Barry Chan, and not Chen Sing, and Thanks to your searched, it's now obvious that it's not the poster for the movie The wandering knight, since it's not the same Chinese title.

Thanks for sharing what you found.

• Like 3