Jackie Chan in Taiwan

DrNgor

Question

Question: Besides Fantasy Mission Force and (possibly) Island of Fire, are there are any other Jackie Chan movies out there that could be considered Taiwanese movies?

• Like 2

5 answers to this question

Killer Meteor

His Lo Wei films were made in Taiwan  (and also South Korea), but I don't know if that counts? Dragon Lord was also made there, but I just think of that as a Hong Kong film!

I'm never sure how to distinguish a pure Taiwanese martial arts film from a Hong Kong movie made in Taiwan. It seems a lot of producers (Wang Yu, Lo Wei, Joseph Kuo) made it their base of operations, but they were also registered as Hong Kong companies.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Killer Meteor said:

Dance of Death possibly - same director as FACE

That would be Chen Chi-Hwa. He was good friends with Jackie Chan and Chan often brought him on to his bigger projects to do second unit directing. I'm guessing that both Dance of Death and 36 Crazy Styles were choreographed by Chan as favors to Chen.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, DrNgor said:

I'm guessing that both Dance of Death and 36 Crazy Styles were choreographed by Chan as favors to Chen.

Often wondered if Jackie Chan worked on more Taiwanese movies as a choreographer?.

• Like 3