Legend of Gatotkaca (aka Satria Dewa: Gatotkaca) (2022)

Mike Leeder

Introducing a new superhero universe based on Indonesian folk lore, the Satria Dewa Universe, and the first film in the 8 film series is SATRIA DEWA: GATOTKACA

Been working on this for a while, we had to delay shooting due to Covid 19, but we finally started shooting in early August and this is the character reveal teaser, we got a great cast and crew on this including Cecep & Yayan from The Raid franchise and so much more.

Thanks to Producer Rene Ishak for bringing me aboard for the adventure

Gatatkaca.jpg

Opera Snapshot_2020-08-17_211720_www.facebook.com.png

Opera Snapshot_2020-08-17_211802_www.facebook.com.png

Opera Snapshot_2020-08-17_211821_www.facebook.com.png

Opera Snapshot_2020-08-17_211842_www.facebook.com.png

Opera Snapshot_2020-08-17_211906_www.facebook.com.png

Opera Snapshot_2020-08-17_211924_www.facebook.com.png

Opera Snapshot_2020-08-17_211951_www.facebook.com.png

• Like 6

No , this is the Satria Dewa Universe its nothing to do with the Bumilangit universe, there's also a Philippines superhero universe being developed by Viva Films in Manilla

• Like 3

Thanks, seems Indonesia has big plans in that department. Hope they come packed with silat action.. like Valentine but better I hope..

That's interesting news, as far as I know those are uncharted waters for the Philippines. Wonder why the wait, superhero movies seemed quite popular beetween 2004-2009 when countries like Thailand and Malaysia, as well as Chile, made their first superhero flicks, but those were small-scale projects compared to this

Edited by Super Ninja
  • Like 2

post-production continues , movies looking good

More images and sizzle to follow but something for the Lunar New Year weekend with a nice poster of our hero Rizky Nazar as Yuda, and Yayan Ruhian as Beceng lurking in the graveyard 

Et_otOaU0AAIXQ1.jpg

Opera Snapshot_2021-02-12_111252_www.imdb.com.png

• Like 5

One Armed Boxer

I recently got through watching this one, and it didn't quite hit the mark for me, here's hoping if they continue with the proposed other 7 entries in the series they find a new director. I gave it the full review treatment over at COF - 

https://cityonfire.com/legend-of-gatotkaca-aka-satria-dewa-gatotkaca-2022-review/

• Like 2