Rouge - your thoughts?

Guest sevenhooks

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sevenhooks
This isn't a martial arts film.

I realize that.

But I also wouldn't call it a "cult film" and I don't think people would have responded to this post if I had put it under "General Interest".

So I tend to post about post '85 HK films - martial arts or otherwise - right here.

Guest Yi Long

I love the film. Leslie Cheung is great in it, and it's probably Anita Mui's best movie!?

The haunting score is just amazing.

Too bad the HK DVD was cropped, which means I will have to buy it again somewhere in the future...

Guest Chinatown Kid

I got this movie in a trade quite some time ago but haven't got around to watching it. From what you guys have said I'll definately have to make some time to see it, especially if it was one of the late Anita Mui's best.

Guest The Running Man
But I also wouldn't call it a "cult film" and I don't think people would have responded to this post if I had put it under "General Interest".

Cult film was where it would have been more appropriate.

And you would have gotten replies there no problem. Trust me, I would have let you know where ever you would have asked that I don't think this movie is that good. :)

Guest The Running Man

Ooooooooooh....I'm saying it alright....I'm saying it and I am gonna take all of you down with me!! >:

Cause no matter what you think...I used to f*ck guys like you in prison! :evil

Guest Markgway

I'm now going to proceed to tear out The Running Man's throat and spin-kick him in the river whilst a dumb blonde looks on aghast. :smokin

Guest Markgway

Yeah, you know it's bad when Paddy won't do your DTV sequel! :lol

Seriously, I expect if it had been a theatrical release he would've signed up.

How is the film btw? The original is a classic "throat-rippin'" guy movie...

Is the sequel cool or pants? :P

Archived