RIP Director Benny Chan

Shaolin Dragon

Was shocked to learn this when I woke up a moment ago today. I wonder how this will affect the post-production of Raging Fire.

Not a favorite HK director of mine but his contribution to HK action movies is undeniable. RIP.

• Like 3

Chu Liu Hsiang

How sad, RIP Benny Chan. From what I've seen so far, I especially enjoyed MAGIC CRANE, GEN-X COPS and INVISIBLE TARGET. 

• Like 3

I was reading before and I was very sorry. Although he never made great masterpieces for a Jackie Chan enthusiast, he couldn't help but appreciate it. He was still very young. It was evident that he was a humble person. I met him a couple of times at festivals. I'm curious to see Raging Fire. Rip

Edited by JackieRome
  • Like 3

RIP.

I didn't appreciate all his films, but I liked his Jackie collaborations, Invisible Target, Shaolin and Call of Heroes

Thanks for your contributions!

• Like 3

R.I.P Benny Chan as i'm shocked and sadden of this news.  I was watching New Police Story the other day watching it the first time since it's 15th anniversary.  I enjoyed Who Am I, Rob B-Hood.  Gen-X Cops.  His tv work with Donnie Yen in Kung Fu Master and Fist of Fury tv series.  

• Like 3

Shocked to hear the news, the man was just 58, what a tragedy! Watched most of his films, but nothing, nothing he ever did came close to his very first effort, A MOMENT OF ROMANCE ! Never ever will I forget the grand finale with Wu Chien Lien running from the church in Macao in her wedding dress at night, cracks me up just thinking about it...  An all-time HK cinema classic  if ever there was one!

• Like 6

RIP to the master of the action blockbuster. I hope Raging Fire will come out this year or next for a final dose of Benny Chan’s Action expertise

• Like 7

On 8/23/2020 at 8:34 PM, Sheng said:

Watched most of his films, but nothing, nothing he ever did came close to his very first effort, A MOMENT OF ROMANCE ! Never ever will I forget the grand finale with Wu Chien Lien running from the church in Macao in her wedding dress at night, cracks me up just thinking about it...  An all-time HK cinema classic  if ever there was one!

I absolutely agree! I like Magic Crane, Big Bullet, Man Wanted and even Call of Heroes, but A Moment of Romance is the one I will remember Benny Chan for. RIP

• Like 4