Movies you watch based on weather / moods

HeavenSword

I thought this would be pretty interesting. Just got done watching Black Lizard and said “ this would be a good movie to watch on Halloween “ due to the haunted looking sets , rain and all that fog that gives it that creepy vibe.   When in the mood for a Shaw flick,  does anyone else have movies that they like to watch during certain times ? 

I always watch Boxer Rebellion and Naval Commandos when it rains , I don’t know why but for some reason it just feels more epic haha.  
For Chor Yuen, I think his films need to be watched at night to get that experience with the visuals and cinematography. To me The Convict Killer in particular is a real treat to watch in a dark room . Killer Constable and Buddha’s Palm are great night time flicks as well.  

I usually put in a Venoms movie when it’s gloomy/windy outside, like 5 Element Ninjas, Kid With The Golden Arm or Five Deadly Venoms . They just give me that vibe of being inside on a windy day chilling. Then as far as feelings , The 36 Chambers Of Shaolin and Opium And The Kung Fu Master are great to get you motivated . Training sequences always motivate me to get back to working out if I start slacking lol. Girl With The Diamond Slipper is the feel good movie. Great music and it really has that 80s vibe to it. Three movies that I seem to always go back to in general are Soul Of The Sword , Dirty Ho and Ten Tigers Of Kwangtung . Dirty Ho is probably the best comedy I’ve seen so far and Ti Lung is a straight up savage in Soul Of The Sword.....and that pier fight in Ten Tigers is just classic.  Anyone else have their favorites ? 😎

• Like 4

ShaolinMapache

I think the mood I am in really does determine the movie I pick. If I am feeling content I may go for a classic Shaw one like the Five Deadly Venoms or House of Traps. When I feel sad I put on low budget kinda goofy one like The Leg Fighters or The Guy with Secret Kung Fu and it usually cheers me up. 

• Like 4

TibetanWhiteCrane

Definitely pick movies based on mood, I think we all do. But when it comes to weather and seasons, I'm pretty obvious and basic i.e. Shadow Whip, Chinese Boxer, Convict Killer, Sentimental Swordsman = winter time. Death Duel, Crippled Avengers, Human Lanterns etc. = fall and so on. Not particularly scientific.

• Like 5

Chu Liu Hsiang

I can't stand hot weather and found it actually helps my brain to cool down when I watch movies with lots of snow. It's a cheap trick but hey it works!

sentswordsmansnow.jpg

blacktavern03.jpg

shadowwhip_1.jpg

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
36 minutes ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

I can't stand hot weather and found it actually helps my brain to cool down when I watch movies with lots of snow. It's a cheap trick but hey it works!

I'm the same... I detest heat. And I actually watched a couple of xmas movies last week just to spite the sun.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Chu Liu Hsiang said:

sentswordsmansnow.jpg

blacktavern03.jpg

shadowwhip_1.jpg

Are the 2nd and 3rd pic from The Shadow Whip ? 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HeavenSword said:

Are the 2nd and 3rd pic from The Shadow Whip ?

I would say yes for the third one, I'm not sure for the second one.

• Like 4

Chu Liu Hsiang
Just now, YnEoS said:

Second one I think is The Black Tavern

Yes, I just logged in to name it but you beat me to it :D 

• Like 3