ID this movie and you shall have my first-born

Guest Tue Sorensen

Guest Tue Sorensen

Here's a movie I've been desperately looking for, for a couple of years: A few minutes into the documentary "The Art of Action: Martial Arts In Motion Picture" (www.imdb.com/title/tt0407534/), there is a short clip from the movie I want to ID. It's a swordplay scene during a dusky sunset (possibly on a bridge), featuring a young woman doing a swordplay dance amidst a whirl of cherry leaves (with a few cherry trees also visible). The leaves are covering the ground, and she carves a leafless circle around herself. A very beautiful scene.

I seem to recall having seen that scene somewhere before, but even if I haven't, I'm *very* interested in identifying which movie it's coming from! From the production values, I'm pretty sure the movie is from after 1985 - probably the early '90s.

Hope someone can help, and thanks a lot!

- Tue Sorensen, Denmark

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Yi Long

I also thought about Bride with White Hair, but couldnt remember her carving a leafless circle around her, plus in the movie it was a boy (probably played by a girl though) who did the swordform. So I wasnt sure.

Good movie. Deserves a decent DVD release. A disgrace it hasnt been released properly yet, but sadly this isnt the only movie hasnt gotten a fair treatment yet (Fist of Legend, DM2, Burning Paradise, etc etc)

Guest ToothbrushFu

I wasn't sure either but I looked at the clip in the documentary and then popped the film in afterwards and there it was.

BTW I don't really want your firstborn so just send him/her to Brad and Angelina instead.

Guest Yi Long

Aw cool... so it WAS Bride. That's a great scene yeah. Very memorable, and well shot. Poetry in motion, so to speak.

You should just send his first-born to shaolin temple. ;)

Guest Tue Sorensen

OK, Toothbrush, I'm convinced that this is the movie. Also jibes well with my feeling of having seen the scene before. It was at a friend's place; I don't have the movie myself. But rest assured that I will get it!

And yeah, I'll give Brad and Angelina custody, on the condition that the kid is brought up in the proper wushu tradition! :-)

Guest Tue Sorensen

Got hold of the movie now! Sure enough, 6-7 minutes into it is the scene! All right, it was a boy, not a young woman - but the circle was indeed leafless! :-)

Thanks a lot, people! You made my day!

- Tue

Guest morgoth

I don't know if it was a boy or a girl using the sword since it was a double but the male character in this movie is played by a girl. Just like Iron Monkey and many other movies.

Archived