The Gold Ninja Video Blu-ray Thread

Drunken Monk

Also... I saw your previous posts about not having enough volume to make the 1000 limit for pressed discs. Thrilling Bloody Sword seems to have done well... are you close to possibly making that work?

Unfortunately, not at the moment. I would really need to have high pre-order numbers to justify that high a print run and after THRILLING it fell back down to a "It'll take me few months to sell all these" levels. I just don't have funds to pre-order that many if I'm doing 1-2 discs a month or the space to store that many discs as I wait for them to be shipped off. 

Edited by JDecloux
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, JDecloux said:

Unfortunately, not at the moment. I would really need to have high pre-order numbers to justify that high a print run and after THRILLING it fell back down to a "It'll take me few months to sell all these" levels. I just don't have funds to pre-order that many if I'm doing 1-2 discs a month or the space to store that many discs as I wait for them to be shipped off. 

I'm always uneasy about purchasing burned discs as opposed to pressed but I had pressed blu rays bronze and degrade over time (looking at you Well Go), while I had BD-Rs still going strong 10 years on *knock on wood* The good thing is @JDecloux mentioned in a podcast that he uses archival quality media for his burned discs. I can't recall the specifics but perhaps @JDecloux can elaborate further and if he's had any longevity issues with any of his titles.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 2

Yep! I use the highest quality BD-Rs you can get which are double the price of the ones the next level down. Like Yihetuan said, you can get a pressed disc that is really crappy quality too - that silver bottom is not a signifier of longetivity, but I understand that there's a feeling of comfort because burned is associated with 'homemade' and silver is 'factory made'. 

On the first two releaases, I was using a different type of disc, and some people  had difficulty playing it on certain devices - and since I switched over a couple years ago - I havne't had anyone heard of any issues from an error standpoint. 

• Like 6

23 hours ago, JDecloux said:

Gotta keep the theme of Brucesploitation (or Bruceploitation) going!

Ah, the method to the madness. 👍🏻

• Like 3

The Iron Dragon Strikes Back should be shipping soon right?

edit: I see it was delayed a bit.

Edited by bickle14
  • Sad 1

On 5/26/2022 at 8:00 AM, Yihetuan said:

Curious to see what the next martial arts film will be from Gold Ninja Video.

Screenshot_2022-05-26 (1) Gold Ninja Video ( GoldNinjaVideo) Twitter.png

I wonder if this is the film that Justin is scanning next. Apparently a wuxia, does anyone recognize the actress?

Screenshot_2022-06-14 Gold Ninja Video on Twitter.png

• Like 3

She looks a little bit like Sun Chia LIn.

Does anyone have received the Bruce Li's movie ? It seems to me that it's been a LOOOOONG while since I ordered it !

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

Though I don't care for Revengeful Swordswoman, I'll probably order to support Gold Ninja Video.

Edited by Drunken Monk
  • Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

32 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Though I don't care for Revengeful Swordswoman, I'll probably order to support Gold Ninja Video.

I appreciate it! While I now can do new scans (which is... uh... very hard to do, as I expected!), I'm still tryying to make the special features worth the price of admission, so hopefully there's enough enjoyment there :)

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

If Dance of the Drunken Mantis is of good quality, you can consider another one of those Chansploitation sets sold.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

This is exactly the type of film that Gold Ninja needs to bring in HD. More Judy Lee in hi def the better. I dig these Taiwanese indies with the weird weapons and the seemingly invincible evil head honcho.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Super Ninja
4 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

This is exactly the type of film that Gold Ninja needs to bring in HD. More Judy Lee in hi def the better. I dig these Taiwanese indies with the weird weapons and the seemingly invincible evil head honcho.

I agree with this 100%. I'm always up for Taiwanese MA treasure in HD! 

Also, with 88, Eureka and Arrow covering the well known HK territory, it's great to have someone committed to doing justice to these neglected Taiwanese gems. I'll be sure to get this one, regardless of extras.

• Like 4
  • Buddha Bless You 1

thundered mantis

Count me in! As asking is for free, I would love a high octane shapes independent flick, as the likes of Killer Wears White, 36 Cray Fists, The Fists, the Kicks and the Evil, Master Killers, Master Strikes, Tiger over Wall, Kung Fu on 7 Steps...

• Like 3

Beardys Feather

Incredible! Great title, I can't wait for this :bs_thumbsup: Keep up the super work!

The cover art is nice but any chance the artist could look again at their rendering of Chia Ling's face? :smile

• Like 2

11 hours ago, thundered mantis said:

Count me in! As asking is for free, I would love a high octane shapes independent flick, as the likes of Killer Wears White, 36 Cray Fists, The Fists, the Kicks and the Evil, Master Killers, Master Strikes, Tiger over Wall, Kung Fu on 7 Steps...

It's all dependent on the prints I can get to scan!

If anyone has any martial arts films on 35mm or 16mm... Feel free to send me a DM! 

• Like 4

shaolin swords

i will be supporting the revengeful swordswoman when it gets released hope you do more swordplay flicks in the future :) 

• Like 2

AlexanderFu
On 6/22/2022 at 7:57 PM, Stewart said:

This looks totally up my alley! Can’t wait

It's a great movie. Chia Ling is the best!

• Like 3

AlexanderFu
21 minutes ago, De Ming Li said:

Who's the better fighter? Chia Ling or Angela Mao?

I prefer Chia Ling, but that is no slight to Angela Mao.

Check out 'Against the Drunken Cat paws' to see Chia Ling at top level.

And I think 'Pearl' Cheung Ling is the best with a a sword amongst the ladies. She is amazing. Thay all are!

Edited by AlexanderFu
  • Like 1

For those that missed out on the crowdfund of Thrilling Bloody Sword blu ray can now get the standard edition without the booklet and a different cover.

Screenshot_2022-06-24 (2) Gold Ninja Video ( GoldNinjaVideo) Twitter.png

• Like 4

Looks like Gold Connection is close to being ready to be shipped out.

Screenshot_2022-07-05 (1) Gold Ninja Video ( GoldNinjaVideo) Twitter.png

FW8ITKPXkAAFsGD.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 11
  • Buddha Bless You 2