The Gold Ninja Video Blu-ray Thread

Drunken Monk

Beardys Feather

Respect to you! I've always known this as The Gold Connection. Hon Kwok Choi is epic in this. One of the nice things about it is you get a look behind the scenes at how a period kung fu film was shot as they're making a film in the film! :laluot_01:

• Like 5

@JDecloux I’m buying this regardless of course, but I’m hoping you see fit to include the Mandarin track with English subs as an option 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Will you be doing any color correction?

• Like 2

On 3/24/2022 at 8:31 PM, WaverBoy said:

@JDecloux I’m buying this regardless of course, but I’m hoping you see fit to include the Mandarin track with English subs as an option 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Will you be doing any color correction?

All the clips in that trailer were colour corrected - it originally looked like this: 

0?ui=2&ik=8cd6d66e7c&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1727570531084038537&th=17f9903eb5b27189&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ_DQse0wdAZkEiHBbyZ7sn_OPJjqWfqjlKP96UY-82ty5pzJ33boe5JoO9xhuG2IBjqTsGqfZVrsbi0XwYwEWt2yMwlyxPx5O7c2T0yY7Xb_uCpte6Xn_a22Bk&disp=emb

Now it looks like this: 

0?ui=2&ik=8cd6d66e7c&attid=0.2&permmsgid=msg-f:1727570531084038537&th=17f9903eb5b27189&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ9gZKX09aWlhRb0SSPfHIIGxhF2VTessuOMYo71KG30A98CZn3lY4zemgdUuvkRX24JJRoXYsx6EsXZ63BSS2PtzV-IRjikvnBjY2rKT7yDwIZeAxw4isEeC9k&disp=emb

The proffesional colourist also went through every scene and colour timed them individually - as opposed to just doing a single reel - which really makes it pop.  It does look a little different than the currently available version, but it gives it a textured looks that only films of the 70s have. 

Edited by JDecloux
  • Like 7

36 minutes ago, JDecloux said:

All the clips in that trailer were colour corrected - it originally looked like this: 

0?ui=2&ik=8cd6d66e7c&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1727570531084038537&th=17f9903eb5b27189&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ_DQse0wdAZkEiHBbyZ7sn_OPJjqWfqjlKP96UY-82ty5pzJ33boe5JoO9xhuG2IBjqTsGqfZVrsbi0XwYwEWt2yMwlyxPx5O7c2T0yY7Xb_uCpte6Xn_a22Bk&disp=emb

Now it looks like this: 

0?ui=2&ik=8cd6d66e7c&attid=0.2&permmsgid=msg-f:1727570531084038537&th=17f9903eb5b27189&view=fimg&fur=ip&sz=s0-l75-ft&attbid=ANGjdJ9gZKX09aWlhRb0SSPfHIIGxhF2VTessuOMYo71KG30A98CZn3lY4zemgdUuvkRX24JJRoXYsx6EsXZ63BSS2PtzV-IRjikvnBjY2rKT7yDwIZeAxw4isEeC9k&disp=emb

The proffesional colourist also went through every scene and colour timed them individually - as opposed to just doing a single reel - which really makes it pop.  It does look a little different than the currently available version, but it gives it a textured looks that only films of the 70s have. 

Very glad for the extra TLC! Although, your photo links appear to be broken…?

• Like 1

Here's the artwork for Gold Connection, not sure if this is the final version?

Also, an interesting interview with @JDecloux about his Gold Ninja label.

Screenshot_2022-04-04 (2) Gold Ninja Video ( GoldNinjaVideo) Twitter.jpg

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 12

Hopefully sometimes late next week. I haven't been able to mail out the last Blu-ray I put up for order due to supply chain issues, SKIP TRACER, and I don't like to have multiple Pre-Orders going, so once I get through those, THE IRON DRAGON is up next. 

• Like 11

Got my copy preordered too. Been a massive fan of the Kuei Chih Hung I've seen so far so I'm extremely excited to see this. ALso glad that you went ahead and included the Mandarin audio too.

• Like 3

Interested in The Iron Dragon Strikes Back... What is with the high shipping cost? $11,29 shipped to the US? Where are these coming from? Is Media Mail not an option?

• Like 1

From Canada. The Chansploitation set and Kung Fu Wonder Child are worth picking up (not new scans), and add little to nothing to the total shipping.

Edited by Stewart
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Stewart said:

From Canada. The Chansploitation set and Kung Fu Wonder Child are worth picking up (not new scans), and add little to nothing to the total shipping.

Yep, if you order multiple titles the shipping ain’t bad, and you can’t get these anywhere else. And let me add my recommendation to yours for those two excellent releases (and it really should have been called Chansploitation instead of the clunkier Jackiesploitation title, but I’ll forgive that minor oversight 🤓).

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

and it really should have been called Chansploitation instead of the clunkier Jackiesploitation title, but I’ll forgive that minor oversight 🤓

Gotta keep the theme of Brucesploitation (or Bruceploitation) going!

And shipping wise the prices are set by Canada Post - and because a single Blu-ray with booklet rises above a certain threshold - you can add a few more without it costing more. I'll be the first to admit I balk at shipping most of the time too - mostly because we don't think of it when ordering from mega companies who have free shipping. 

Edited by JDecloux
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JDecloux said:

Gotta keep the theme of Brucesploitation (or Bruceploitation) going!

And shipping wise the prices are set by Canada Post - and because a single Blu-ray with booklet rises above a certain threshold - you can add a few more without it costing more. I'll be the first to admit I balk at shipping most of the time too - mostly because we don't think of it when ordering from mega companies who have free shipping. 

Thanks. I get it.

Also... I saw your previous posts about not having enough volume to make the 1000 limit for pressed discs. Thrilling Bloody Sword seems to have done well... are you close to possibly making that work?

Edited by bickle14
  • Like 1