The Gold Ninja Video Blu-ray Thread

Drunken Monk

Ah, my bad! I just checked the Blu-ray and realized it did end up only being 2 secret features. I could have sworn I had included FIST OF FURY 2, but I did not. 

• Like 3

Good news! Gold Ninja surpassed their stretch goal of $40,000 and now are able to get their hands on a film scanner. According to their stretch goals that means we can look forward to a new HD scan of a Bruceploitation movie in widescreen for the first time, a new HD scan of a old school Kung Fu flick and with the newly acquired film scanner, hopefully a bunch of new remastered martial arts titles in the future.

• Like 8

Thanks so much for everyone that supported the campaign!

I have a never-been-released on VHS or DVD fantasy-centric movie and a forgotten 90s action/gunplay film (That's only ever gotten a full-screen DVD) that is going off to a professional scanning company (because they are very old one-of-a-kind prints), followed by Blu-rays being released in the next few months.

I can't really compete with the amazing stuff that Eureka (That Joseph Kuo Collection! Wow!) and 88 Films are putting out, but hopefully you have a place in your heart for the scruffy underdog MA movies too. 

Edited by JDecloux
  • Like 7

51 minutes ago, JDecloux said:

Thanks so much for everyone that supported the campaign!

I have a never-been-released on VHS or DVD fantasy-centric movie and a forgotten 90s action/gunplay film (That's only ever gotten a full-screen DVD) that is going off to a professional scanning company (because they are very old one-of-a-kind prints), followed by Blu-rays being released in the next few months.

I can't really compete with the amazing stuff that Eureka (That Joseph Kuo Collection! Wow!) and 88 Films are putting out, but hopefully you have a place in your heart for the scruffy underdog MA movies too. 

Since the campaign is over, can you now mention the Taiwanese martial arts/fantasy film that you were keeping under wraps?

• Like 3

Yep! It's THRILLING BLOODY SWORD. 

Which is directed by the screenwriter of MAGIC RING! 

Edited by JDecloux
  • Like 7
  • Buddha Bless You 2

odioustrident
4 hours ago, JDecloux said:

I was hoping it would be this but wasn't sure. Always thought it was the wildest Taiwan fantasy film that still fits  into the Western definition of barbarian fantasy from the Conan era.  Best choice you could make honestly. Thanks for this.

Edited by odioustrident
  • Like 4

4 hours ago, JDecloux said:

OMFG. I need this. Will it be for sale on the web site at some point?

• Like 2

Great news! I first heard about this film from 4DK (the late Todd Stadtman's great blog. RIP Todd.) and I was always curious but never picked up the print that was floating around. I remember he described it as a birth child between a wuxia & a Bollywood fantasy. Now in a few weeks, I'll be able to watch a remastered version! :BL-Emotional:

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer
8 hours ago, JDecloux said:

Yep! It'll be for sale on the website in a month or so

Hi @JDecloux, for those of us who contributed to the campaign with the 3 OOP titles and have ordered from overseas (so pricey P&P!), will there be an opportunity to purchase 'Thrilling Bloody Sword' from your site and have it bundled into the perk so as to avoid needing to pay 2 lots of postage?

• Like 3

On 8/27/2021 at 2:16 AM, One Armed Boxer said:

Hi @JDecloux, for those of us who contributed to the campaign with the 3 OOP titles and have ordered from overseas (so pricey P&P!), will there be an opportunity to purchase 'Thrilling Bloody Sword' from your site and have it bundled into the perk so as to avoid needing to pay 2 lots of postage?

Send me an e-mail at goldninjavideo@gmail.com with your name and your order number from the Indiegogo and I'll package your stuff up together - but just be aware it will take a little longer because  THRILLING SWORD is going to be released in the next 1-2 months. 

• Like 3

I hope you keep the "easter egg" thing going with these new remastered HD releases & the bonus features such as audio commentaries, video essays, etc.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, saltysam said:

Any chance of a clue as to what the Bruceploitation title might be?

Might as well lay out all the cards and tell us the name of the old school kung fu barn barner that is going to undergo an HD scan too. The one clue is Alexander Lo Rei in the teaser pic.

• Like 4

I'm not giving anything away until I have the prints in my hands and ready to scan! Just because I'd hate to get people's hopes up and then I'd have to turn around say "Ah, for reasons outside my control this can't happen, so I'm going with something else." 

Unfortunately, no plans on doing any re-prints of any our previous releases. 

And I'll keep the bonus feature/easter egg thing going as long as I can, but they will be SD transfers of stuff that's already floating around, just because new scans are prohibatively expensive. 

• Like 4

@JDecloux, I noticed the "easter egg" for the Pearl Chang blu ray is The Invincible Swordswoman but it cuts out right at the good part when Pearl, Cliff Lok and Yeuh Hua are ready to tag team the evil eunuch. Did you just run out of space on the disc or is the source faulty?

• Like 2

On 9/11/2021 at 11:27 PM, Yihetuan said:

@JDecloux, I noticed the "easter egg" for the Pearl Chang blu ray is The Invincible Swordswoman but it cuts out right at the good part when Pearl, Cliff Lok and Yeuh Hua are ready to tag team the evil eunuch. Did you just run out of space on the disc or is the source faulty?

It was an issue with the disc, but it got fixed on later copies once it got brought to my attention. It took a while because it was a hidden feature and only a select few knew it existed! I've since changed the way I inspect discs to make sure an error like that doesn't happen. 

Edited by JDecloux
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, JDecloux said:

It was an issue with the disc, but it got fixed on later copies once it got brought to my attention. It took a while because it was a hidden feature and only a select few knew it existed! I've since changed the way I inspect discs to make sure an error like that doesn't happen. 

What about those like myself who have one of the early copies with the disc issue? Are we just SOL since that title is now OOP?

• Like 2

One Armed Boxer
2 hours ago, JDecloux said:

I can send you a replacement! Shoot me a message at goldninjavideo@gmail.com with the name that your ordered it under.

Posts like this restore my faith in humanity.

• Like 5

@JDecloux, just placed a pre-order and I also sent you an email per your instruction to request a replacement disc for the Pearl Chang OOP blu ray. I noticed the shipping as gone up some even for the cheapest option w/tracking but it's worth it to get this fantastic looking title. Also curious what the "easter egg" will be on this one and the "bonus" feature in SD too.

• Like 2