The Gold Ninja Video Blu-ray Thread

Drunken Monk

15 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

Have you solved the mystery? Is the scene real?

For me, an easter egg is something that's not visible on the menu screen. You can disregard the pigeon having his head pulled off if you want. The Easter egg that Justin mentioned is Crisis from 1983.

Edited by Yggdrasil
  • Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1

1 minute ago, Yggdrasil said:

For me, an easter egg that's not visible on the menu screen. You can disregard the pigeon having his head pulled off. The Easter egg that Justin mentioned is Crisis from 1983.

Thanks for clearing that up. It's probably better known by its US title: Black Rose - The HK Tigress. So is it the same print that's been available for ages? 4:3 and English dubbed?

How is Phantom Kungfu as a movie? I'm tempted, but honestly a lot of this obscure stuff can be dull and more for the niche collectors.

• Buddha Bless You 1

5 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

Thanks for clearing that up. It's probably better known by its US title: Black Rose - The HK Tigress. So is it the same print that's been available for ages? 4:3 and English dubbed?

Yes.

sifu iron perm
2 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

ok, I haven't received my copy yet (still stuck in customs} but I noticed Eagle's Claw is the bonus film and not the 'easter egg' . Can anyone of you that have a copy, try the following:

1) on the homescreen, use the arrow keys on the remote to move over to the poster of Phantom Kung Fu

2) click on the poster and it will turn "yellow"

3) Justin DeCloux will pop onscreen saying you discovered the 'easter egg" and then will introduce the easter egg film

If the 'easter egg' is really only an uncensored scene of animal cruelty than that's disappointing as previous Gold Ninja releases all have included a third bonus film as the 'easter egg'

I'll get back to you soon

• Like 1

sifu iron perm
2 hours ago, JanPospisil said:

How is Phantom Kungfu as a movie? I'm tempted, but honestly a lot of this obscure stuff can be dull and more for the niche collectors.

It's pretty full on, English dub got some mad choice of words/tones, action pieces is superb.  I love it.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Super Ninja said:

Have you solved the mystery? Is the scene real?

Since Justin included this caveat and warning onscreen. it's a good chance it's real and you were originally correct.

index.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

31 minutes ago, lastninja said:

The aspect ratio of the bonus film "Eagle's Claw" is incorrect. The image is stretched vertically. Or is that just on my Blu-ray?

Change the aspect ratio on the telly.

Edited by Yggdrasil

2 hours ago, lastninja said:

The aspect ratio of the bonus film "Eagle's Claw" is incorrect. The image is stretched vertically. Or is that just on my Blu-ray?

What print is this ?

Is it an upgrade or same old fullscreen ?

48 minutes ago, Akuma said:

What print is this ?

Is it an upgrade or same old fullscreen ?

Having skipped the film that was on my disc, it's nothing to get excited about. Like you said, same old.

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Eagle's Claw has circulated in a 1.85 framed English dubbed version. So it sounds like they stretched that, rather than keep it non anamorhic or scale it to 16:9.

image.png.f4d140d3146404f1f7c27144b11ad706.png

Edited by Knetan
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

Change the aspect ratio on the telly.

Tried that already. Didn't find out how to. Have to dig deeper in this matter.

Gold Ninja just released Taiwanese/Filipino 1975 co-production The Golden Triangle on blu ray. Up for pre-order now for a tentative Feb delivery date.

A NEW 2K SCAN FROM A THEATRICAL PRINT

LIMITED TO 900 COPIES 

NOTE: THIS IS A PRE-ORDER TENTATIVELY SET TO START SHIPPING IN FEBRUARY 2024. 

After his partner is killed in a job gone wrong, a super cool secret agent (Yasuaki Kurati, FIST OF LEGEND) is given the impossible mission to infiltrate a Filipino drug ring and take down the big boss (Han Ying-Chieh, Bruce Lee’s THE BIG BOSS) before the bad stuff hits the street. 

From directors Chi Lo (THE DRAGON LIVES AGAIN) and Romeo N. Galang (FIGHT! BATMAN! FIGHT!) comes this rock ‘em sock’em Taiwanese/Filipino co-production that’s got everything you want in a 70’s spy action film: Construction yard gunfights, dirtbike chases, kung fu fights aplenty, a jaw-dropping cave-set climax, and a supporting role by Evangeline Pascual, Miss Republic of the Philippines 1973. 

This Blu-ray only features the English dub. 

WARNING: This is not THE GOLDEN TRIANGLE 1975) that co-stars Lo Lieh. 

SPECIAL FEATURES: 

*Audio Commentary by Justin Decloux and Dylang Cheung

*A Blade Of Many Uses: An Exploration of The Great Yasuaki Kurata’s Career 

*The Wildest Cinema Around: A Beginner’s Guide to Fillipino Action Cinema 

*More special features TBD

Screenshot_2023-11-22 Gold Ninja Video.jpg

• Like 6
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
Posted (edited)

Hello,

IF YOU MADE A PRE-ORDER: I apologize for being so late with your Blu-ray (s)! I’m close to finishing them, but it will be another few weeks before they get shipped, as I’m just about to leave for my two-week honeymoon. I won’t be checking my e-mails until I return on June 4th. Unfortunately, this is a one-man operation, so there isn’t anyone else to pick up the slack.  

If you made orders for any other titles that aren’t pre-orders, they will also ship when I return on June 4th. 

I did my best to get through every order I could ship in the last few days, as I finally finished REVENGE OF THE DEAD this week. However, if you haven’t received a confirmation of it going out, rest assured that it will go out once I get back (June 4th Onward) 

❤️

🚨 

💫 

Edited by sifu iron perm
  • Like 2

Beardys Feather

So is there no post office in Honolulu or what? :monk_laughing:

• Haha 3

Yihetuan
1 hour ago, sifu iron perm said:

At least he updates customers ! 

Why did the email say two links but I only see the one for Revengeful Swordswoman?

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

sifu iron perm
1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

Why did the email say two links but I only see the one for Revengeful Swordswoman?

Because I edited the email 😆 

• Like 1