The Gold Ninja Video Blu-ray Thread

Drunken Monk

ShawAngela
1 hour ago, Super Ninja said:

Still no news on the Phantom Kung Fu release? @JDecloux?

I'm also curious about this matter. I ordered the Lash Larue bluay and still no new either...

would it be possible to collaborate @goldninjavideo?

@JDecloux

I think we have mutual friends. 

I used to put stuff out and have unused materials.

we should talk

Edited by monk

18 minutes ago, monk said:

would it be possible to collaborate @goldninjavideo?

I think we have mutual friends. 

I used to put stuff out and have unused materials.

we should talk

You need to tag @JDecloux, he's the one behind goldninja.

• Buddha Bless You 1

Super Ninja
8 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

People probably forgot due to the site being down but Phantom Kung Fu is up for preorder.

I didn't forget, been waiting for this, finally! Thanks for the notice @Yihetuan!

• Like 4

ironfistedmonk

Pre-order is in along with the Bruce Li movie, only seen these full screen so looking forward to some nice scoped action

• Like 1
  • Buddha Bless You 1

Super Ninja

Preordered my copy of Phantom KF. Those caps of Chang Yi busting Palm of Death and Mantis & Monkey bros about to have a dance with him, make me drool already. This is uncut? 

• Buddha Bless You 1

14 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

Preordered my copy of Phantom KF. Those caps of Chang Yi busting Palm of Death and Mantis & Monkey bros about to have a dance with him, make me drool already. This is uncut? 

Do you know what parts were cut in the theatrical print? Even the cheap Vengeance Video dvd was uncut right?

• Like 1

Super Ninja
2 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Do you know what parts were cut in the theatrical print? Even the cheap Vengeance Video dvd was uncut right?

Don't think anything was cut in theatrical or the VV DVD, I was just wandering if this version gets to keep the scene where Chang Yi decapitates the pidgeon. No censorship board to vote against animal cruelty or something of the sort?

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

Don't think anything was cut in theatrical or the VV DVD, I was just wandering if this version gets to keep the scene where Chang Yi decapitates the pidgeon. No censorship board to vote against animal cruelty or something of the sort?

yes, I remember that scene. It looked like a fake pigeon to me. I was kinda disappointed because I was expecting him to pull a Ozzy Osbourne there. :smirking

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Super Ninja
2 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

yes, I remember that scene. It looked like a fake pigeon to me. I was kinda disappointed because I was expecting him to pull a Ozzy Osbourne there. :smirking

It's the rock 'n' roll way of life. As Ozzy said in The Dirt (2019) when meeting Motley Crue at the pool, before snorting ants and licking his own piss from the ground: 'Cause a life full of booze, drugs and unprotected sex is only gonna fuck you up man. I mean, you take it too far, and you'll go fucking mad!

So you think that bird Yi caught mid-air survived the shooting? Well it's not that Taiwanese filmmakers had a habit of hurting real animals for the sake of their movies back then. Just ask William Cheung. :coveredlaugh 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

It's the rock 'n' roll way of life. As Ozzy said in The Dirt (2019) when meeting Motley Crue at the pool, before snorting ants and licking his own piss from the ground: 'Cause a life full of booze, drugs and unprotected sex is only gonna fuck you up man. I mean, you take it too far, and you'll go fucking mad!

So you think that bird Yi caught mid-air survived the shooting? Well it's not that Taiwanese filmmakers had a habit of hurting real animals for the sake of their movies back then. Just ask William Cheung. :coveredlaugh 

After just watching that scene again, I think you're right. It was just my wishful thinking that pigeon was spared. I thought it was fake because I initially didn't remember any blood spurting out of the pigeon's body.

• Like 1

Super Ninja
7 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

After just watching that scene again, I think you're right. It was just my wishful thinking that pigeon was spared. I thought it was fake because I initially didn't remember any blood spurting out of the pigeon's body.

I rewatched the scene as well. The head did come off quite easily, but the pigeon looks real to me. Gold Ninja Video BR should help further investigate this and provide a final answer. Let's hope you were right the first time.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2023 at 5:52 PM, ironfistedmonk said:

Pre-order is in along with the Bruce Li movie, only seen these full screen so looking forward to some nice scoped action

Not seen or heard of it at all. I thought I knew my martial arts films, until I joined this site, then I noticed there's stuff so much stuff I've never heard of.

I do prefer the oddities over true martial arts.

As you know all these Gold ninja releases have easter eggs. The first thing I'm going to do when I get my disc is find it. This being a Lee Tso-nam feature means there is a treasure trove of material to choose from and also Tommy Lee was the martial arts director, so even more goodies are possible.

• Like 3

sifu iron perm
36 minutes ago, Yihetuan said:

So far @sifu iron perm is the only member that I know for sure has received his copy, so I want to ping him to ask him what's the "Easter Egg" on the disc?

Eagle's Claw.

Love this film. 

Not a great print though. 

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 10/23/2023 at 5:32 PM, sifu iron perm said:

Eagle's Claw.

Love this film. 

Pigeon getting its head pulled off.

• Buddha Bless You 1

On 10/23/2023 at 9:32 AM, sifu iron perm said:

Eagle's Claw.

Love this film. 

29 minutes ago, Yggdrasil said:

Pigeon getting its head pulled off.

7 minutes ago, Super Ninja said:

Have you solved the mystery? Is the scene real?

ok, I haven't received my copy yet (still stuck in customs} but I noticed Eagle's Claw is the bonus film and not the 'easter egg' . Can anyone of you that have a copy, try the following:

1) on the homescreen, use the arrow keys on the remote to move over to the poster of Phantom Kung Fu

2) click on the poster and it will turn "yellow"

3) Justin DeCloux will pop onscreen saying you discovered the 'easter egg" and then will introduce the easter egg film

If the 'easter egg' is really only an uncensored scene of animal cruelty than that's disappointing as previous Gold Ninja releases all have included a third bonus film as the 'easter egg'

• Like 2
  • Buddha Bless You 1