The Gold Ninja Video Blu-ray Thread

Drunken Monk

1 hour ago, lastninja said:

What he wanted to say, I think, was that there is no release on Blu-ray/DVD in widescreen with original language. The releases you mention are both fullscreen and english dubbed.

The wording of his tweet suggests to me that the film in question has only been release in full screen in a format other than DVD or BD, so likely (possibly the only option) VHS? He explicitly says that it has never been previously released on DVD/BD. Anyways, like @One Armed Boxer I also hope the tweet is referring to another film as Phantom Kung Fu has in fact been released already on DVD in UK and US

• Like 1

Killer Meteor
2 hours ago, lastninja said:

What he wanted to say, I think, was that there is no release on Blu-ray/DVD in widescreen with original language. The releases you mention are both fullscreen and english dubbed.

God, the English dub on PHANTOM KUNG FU is vile!

Edited by Killer Meteor
  • Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Killer Meteor said:

At 1 min in I thought he said "I want sell you pie!!!"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The tweet is in reference to it never being released in widescreen anywhere - to my knowledge. Every 'widescreen' version I've come across is just a stretched croped full-screen. 

But if we're going to get semantical, that tweet is a lie, because the film did screen theatrically in widescreen! 

Edited by JDecloux
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, JDecloux said:

The tweet is in reference to it never being released in widescreen anywhere - to my knowledge. Every 'widescreen' version I've come across is just a stretched croped full-screen. 

But if we're going to get semantical, that tweet is a lie, because the film did screen theatrically in widescreen! 

I don't have Twitter and each time I want to see something there, I'm asked to register, so, I can't see the posts.

Can you confirm that this release will be in Mandarin with English subtitles, please ?

And I guess that you won't reveal the bonus movie(s) if there is one (or more) right ? :bs_smile:

3 hours ago, JDecloux said:

I still remember that godawful VideoAsia dvd release. It was like a 5th gen VHS dupe transferred to dvd. So just having the movie remastered and in the proper aspect ratio would be a major step up.

• Like 4

I finally pulled the trigger on Iron Dragon Strikes Back before it sold out. It makes me wish I would have found Gold Ninja Video sooner to get all of the Asian Related Stuff. There work is amazing and this release is packed with incredible bonus content. I will watch the actual film this weekend. It looks amazing as I am unfamiliar with this Director. I will order Revengeful Swordswoman when I am able to. Great Release!!!!!! We need more companies like Gold Ninja Video 🎥🥋🌋🐲

• Like 8
  • Buddha Bless You 1

RebelIntruder
17 hours ago, MobFu1972 said:

I finally pulled the trigger on Iron Dragon Strikes Back before it sold out. It makes me wish I would have found Gold Ninja Video sooner to get all of the Asian Related Stuff. 

Yeah I wish the Wolf Devil Director Blu-Rays were still available.

Edited by RebelIntruder
  • Like 4

On 1/22/2023 at 11:42 AM, Killer Meteor said:

God, I'm sure Basil Fawlty can do better job at acting these dubs.

• Like 1

sifu iron perm
On 1/25/2023 at 5:56 PM, ironfistedmonk said:

Anyone from the UK ordered stuff from these guys before?  How long does it usually take for deliveries to arrive?

3 weeks or bit more.

Phantom Kung fu isn't available for preorder as yet, right ? I didn't find it on the site.

I wanted to preorder something else at the same time, but as there are only 800 releases of the movie, I won't be ablt to combine the two orders...

1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

Phantom Kung fu isn't available for preorder as yet, right ? I didn't find it on the site.

I wanted to preorder something else at the same time, but as there are only 800 releases of the movie, I won't be ablt to combine the two orders...

It's not up yet.

• Like 1

Anyone on the fence about picking up the 3-disc Jackiesploitation set, there are less than a 100 left before it goes OOP. I have this and it's a lot of interesting and entertaining content especially for the price.

Screenshot_2023-04-02 Gold Ninja Video ( GoldNinjaVideo) Twitter.png

• Like 3

ironfistedmonk
23 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

Anyone on the fence about picking up the 3-disc Jackiesploitation set, there are less than a 100 left before it goes OOP. I have this and it's a lot of interesting and entertaining content especially for the price.

What's the picture quality like on these?

5 minutes ago, ironfistedmonk said:

What's the picture quality like on these?

All are watchable. Some are better than others but don't expect any HD or remastered PQ.

On 4/3/2023 at 2:45 AM, Yihetuan said:

Is there a list of specs somewhere? I can see that some are subbed, some are dubbed, but I'm curious of the options for each film.

If you were on the fence about Iron Dragon Strikes Back, I just got my copy and it is 776/800. Only 24 left (in their artificial limit).

• Like 3