The Gold Ninja Video Blu-ray Thread

Drunken Monk

I wouldn't trust any website that mixes up 'your' and 'you're' on the front page of their page. Looks very dodgy. Who knows what the state of their subs are like if indeed they are subbed by themselves.

Beardys Feather
11 hours ago, Yggdrasil said:

I wouldn't trust any website that mixes up 'your' and 'you're' on the front page of their page. Looks very dodgy. Who knows what the state of their subs are like if indeed they are subbed by themselves.

Your not mincing you're words mate! This is a fan run thing, I wouldn't get too het up about an errant apostrophe. It's just great to see some more obscure films get a good release! 

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1

1 hour ago, Beardys Feather said:

Your not mincing you're words mate! This is a fan run thing, I wouldn't get too het up about an errant apostrophe. It's just great to see some more obscure films get a good release! 

Well deffo. I had a butchers at the link but didn't recognise any of the films listed, only Ebola Syndrome. I must be completely oblivious to the amout of obscure stuff out there. 

Only obscure stuff I have in my collection is Visitor Q, Men behind the sun and the Guinea Pig files. 

• Like 1

RebelIntruder

Revengeful Swordswoman - Mandarin/English audio w/ English subs

Against the Drunken Cat's Paw - English Audio

The Escape (1972) - Mandarin with Chinese/English hardsubs (hidden bonus)

• Like 8
  • Buddha Bless You 1

On 11/3/2022 at 11:05 PM, RebelIntruder said:

Revengeful Swordswoman - Mandarin/English audio w/ English subs

Against the Drunken Cat's Paw - English Audio

The Escape (1972) - Mandarin with Chinese/English hardsubs (hidden bonus)

The escape too ! Woooooo !! A real Chia Ling's festival !! Great !

• Like 2

Finally got around to watching this disc. Really enjoyed all 3 films. The feature is my type of movie with the weird weapons, plot twists and the scenic Taiwanese backdrop (as opposed to the same old New Territories footage you see in HK films). Good job on the restoration and color correction considering the bad shape of the print. Hope Gold Ninja puts out more of these!

I've seen the other two before and I always had a soft spot for No One Can Touch Her because it's cool to see...

Spoiler

...an annoying Dean Shek type character who you think is a villain be one of the good guys & I'm a fan of Kam Kong too.

• Like 2

Got it today and I already watched the two first movies and all the extras, on my computer's blu ray player.

But I couldn't find The escape ! How do you get it ?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

Got it today and I already watched the two first movies and all the extras, on my computer's blu ray player.

You could always rip the blu to your pc with MakeMKV. You'll have everything then.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Point your cursor to the poster on the right. Highlight the poster & it will turn yellow and hit enter. You'll see Justin give a quick intro stating you found the easter egg.

Edited by Yihetuan
  • Like 6

I finally succeeded in watching The escape !

I love to watch @JDecloux's commentaries. He is so enthusiastic when he talks about the movies we all love !

Thanks for this "special Chia Ling" bluray !

• Like 5

One Armed Boxer

I'm hoping the CHRISTMAS HAS COME EARLY tweet which references a flick which has "never been released on DVD or Blu-ray" is a different release, as 'Phantom Kung Fu' has DVD releases both in the UK (on Vengeance Video) and in the US (on what I think was Ground Zero).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, One Armed Boxer said:

I'm hoping the CHRISTMAS HAS COME EARLY tweet which references a flick which has "never been released on DVD or Blu-ray" is a different release, as 'Phantom Kung Fu' has DVD releases both in the UK (on Vengeance Video) and in the US (on what I think was Ground Zero).

What he wanted to say, I think, was that there is no release on Blu-ray/DVD in widescreen with original language. The releases you mention are both fullscreen and english dubbed.

• Like 3