The Gold Ninja Video Blu-ray Thread

Drunken Monk

34 minutes ago, Drunken Monk said:

Canada.

Thanks ! I received a sms on my phone asking for a tax payment with a link, but as I didn't remember to have bought something in Canada, I didn't click on the link in case of it would be a cheat !

Not sure if glitch on my copy but on the Mandarin soundtrack the audio goes silent for about 12 seconds around the 1:06:45 mark, where Kwok Choy and Bruce Li are talking on the bus.

8 hours ago, saltysam said:

Not sure if glitch on my copy but on the Mandarin soundtrack the audio goes silent for about 12 seconds around the 1:06:45 mark, where Kwok Choy and Bruce Li are talking on the bus.

Not a glitch! That was present on the previous Mandarin audio track that had to be cobbled together because the Mandarin edit is drastically different in what's present. Lots of stuff missing to make room for new scenes you can find in the deleted scene extra on the disc. 

Edited by JDecloux
  • Like 1

Killer Meteor
On 7/29/2022 at 8:54 PM, saltysam said:

I remember it was same on the Vengeance Video disc.

Comparison between Gold Ninja's The Iron Dragon Strikes Back blu ray vs the German WMM DVD & the HK VCD by Muck47.

https://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=564976

Qualitatively, the new HD release is in any case a small revelation, although with quite a few signs of wear in the picture of course an absolute grindhouse feeling arises when watching. Bonus features include an audio commentary, specially produced featurettes about the Bruceploitation genre as well as the bonus films The Lama Avenger and (as an Easter Egg) Powerforce - in VHS quality, but uncut and anamorphically encoded.

The Extended/Deleted Scenes included as a bonus featurette also deserve a special mention. The reason for this is that the Mandarin version is virtually a different film in its own right. Several violent bits and whole blocks of scenes are censored here. But there are also various additional scenes and, for example, an alternatively shot fight scene without weapons. Only this exclusive material has been put down here separately. We also have the complete Mandarin version as a Hong Kong VCD, so we'll give you a complete cut report in due time. It's nice that Gold Ninja had access to a theatrical print for this featurette, which was available in widescreen, while our VCD has zoomed fullscreen. You can see a small picture comparison in the appendix of this report. Also, neither the VCD nor the theatrical print had subtitles, so Gold Ninja actually had an English translation done here for the first time.

• Like 4

Darth Kermit

In case anyone didn’t see, Error 4444 s releasing a copy of Thrilling Bloody Sword from original film elements, so I would suggest saving your money for a higher quality release and not getting it from Gold Ninja. Sadly, if you already preordered, you will not be able to cancel (I already tried). But anywho, happy news that we are getting an official, high quality release!

edit: I missed the above post :face_palm:

Edited by Darth Kermit
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, WaverBoy said:

Really awesome of Justin to discontinue his release after this current double pack as to not interfere with Error4444's release. He easily could've not brought attention to the Error4444 release so he could get more money for his version. Goes to show he cares more about film preservation than the monetary gain. Mad respect.

• Like 9

29 minutes ago, KenHashibe said:

Really awesome of Justin to discontinue his release after this current double pack as to not interfere with Error4444's release. He easily could've not brought attention to the Error4444 release so he could get more money for his version. Goes to show he cares more about film preservation than the monetary gain. Mad respect.

Both could coexist as it happens with Righting wrongs two releases.

And no other "official" release will offer two bonuses movies on the disc as Justin does...

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Darth Kermit said:

In case anyone didn’t see, Error 4444 s releasing a copy of Thrilling Bloody Sword from original film elements, so I would suggest saving your money for a higher quality release and not getting it from Gold Ninja. Sadly, if you already preordered, you will not be able to cancel (I already tried). But anywho, happy news that we are getting an official, high quality release!

edit: I missed the above post :face_palm:

Usually cancelling orders is fine if they haven't shipped, but in this case it's so close to it's release date, that I've ordered all the materials based on the order numbers, so it's just not feasible. Sorry again for that! :(

I appreciate the sentiment, but I was under the belief this was an abandoned film, and seeing how Error4444 found the elements and are in contact with a rights holder, I can't in good conscience have a release at the same time as theirs. In the case of RIGHTING WRONGS, both companies have a deal with Fortune Star. I don't have the resources to do a 1000 discs per release, let alone get in contact with international rights holders. The best I can do is make deals directly with filmmakers like with UNLUCKY STARS and A SWEET AND VICIOUS BEAUTY.

Edited by JDecloux
  • Like 11

I'm glad I got the TBS from Gold Ninja for the bonus film plus the secret Easter Egg movie. Essentially 3 movies for the price of 1 even if only the main is in HD. Still worth it for me!

• Like 2

MasterBloodyYam
2 hours ago, KenHashibe said:

Def respect for this move.

1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

And no other "official" release will offer two bonuses movies on the disc as Justin does...

Nope. Justin's shit is tight, yes, but still bootlegs. Its easy to include extra movies when you aint paying license fees!:Ayociexp119:

56 minutes ago, JDecloux said:

Usually cancelling orders is fine if they haven't shipped, but in this case it's so close to it's release date, that I've ordered all the materials based on the order numbers, so it's just not feasible. Sorry again for that! :(

I appreciate the sentiment, but I was under the belief this was an abandoned film, and seeing how Error4444 found the elements and are in contact with a rights holder, I can't in good conscience have a release at the same time as theirs. In the case of RIGHTING WRONGS, both companies have a deal with Fortune Star. I don't have the resources to do a 1000 discs per release, let alone get in contact with international rights holders. The best I can do is make deals directly with filmmakers like with UNLUCKY STARS and A SWEET AND VICIOUS BEAUTY.

Good on ya dude.

Respect for handling this like a fuckin man dude. When Hong Kong Rescue got challenged with what if a company releases licensed versions of these movies, won't your versions interfere with sales? Lyin Jacob emphatically stated that hed immediately stop sellin his. Nope. when they come out I wrote him say'n Police Story, Wheels on Meals, n Armor of God was getting the full HD treatment so he should stop sellin em, he didn't. He made a shitheap o excuses includin that he put a lot of work into his, its a shame to created them and then just stop selling them, what if the labels releasin wasn't as good as his, ect. I reminded him o his own words he started Hong Kong Rescue outta love for these and they weren't available in proper Blus and hed stop if they were. He argued made excuses n refused to stop selling the titles that been given official releases, which makes me wanna puke. His word aint mean shit.When me n my buds heard Golden Princess titles wont be getting Blu releases we ordered 3 copies of The Killer and Hardboiled. That jerky bitch Jacob never sent em. 10 months of waiting my buddy sent emails askin whers my movies. no fuckin answer. he tried to do a Paypal dispute but jitbagJacob said he had no record of the order and Paypal said too much time passed. Jacobs shit do look da bomb but dat bitch despicable! Google search Hong Kong Rescue you see all people scammed out their money and got nothing. Jacob your a cunt. Golden Ninja, you cool

• Like 1

My heart goes out to justin on this one. When he got the chance to scan a print for bluray theres no way on gods green earth he would have thought an obscurity like tbs would eventually get a scan from the ocn so all the expense and hard work he put into it must be gutting but heres hoping that this experience hasnt soured him from continuing on this venture and you never know, maybe eventually golden ninja titles could one day be legit releases found in all online retailers. You have the support of the forum as long as you continue having no shady practices that of which master bloody yam has detailed he experienced with he who shall remain nameless above. Lol.

• Like 5
  • Buddha Bless You 2

It's gonna start shipping next week in the order I received them.

Next time, I'm going to try my hardest not to announce a thing until I have the discs ready to go. 

• Like 7

Dear Mr. Decloux!

I'm just wondering if you're already working on other projects or if you're accepting any suggestions.

Since you have already released some films from Taiwan, I wanted to ask if there is a chance for a HD release of the film "Ninja In The Deadly Trap"?

One of the best Venom films in my opinion (although not an original Shaw film). Unfortunately, as far as I know, the Japanese VHS rip ist the only existing full length version (although no original language which should be Mandarin I think):

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1