Is this Dvd of Mystery of Chess Boxing real?

Duel to the Death

Question

Duel to the Death

I had downloaded a Wide Screen Subbed version of Mystery of Chessboxing from somewhere on the internet. It also came with a couple of sample box covers and this is one of them. Just curious if this dvd is real or just a fan creation. I see on Ebay, someone from France is selling copies with a similar cover, but looking at his feedback shows he is known to sell dv-r's. So just not sure if it really exists or not. The audio options on what i downloaded, do match what is listed on the back of the artwork. It's in English and Mandarin with burned in Subtitles. 

9JPjcVx.jpg

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

Duel to the Death
22 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Fan cover by earlier forum member Golden Swallow.

Thanks for the info

• Like 2

TheKungFuRobber

There is no official wide-screen DVD, they are all pan scan. It is a custom DVD made from a letterboxed VHS or Betamax as with countless other martial arts movies you find weird wide-screen copies of. 

Edited by TheKungFuRobber
  • Like 4

10 hours ago, bigrogie said:

Most likely the version released by Jamal years ago. Most of his covers were made by Golden Swallow.

He made the nicest covers with vibrant colors with a sheen to them. Don't know what type of inkjet printer and special photo paper he used but it was quality stuff.

• Like 2

I enjoyed the movie, possibly because I like Li I-Min.  It also starred Jack Long and Mark Long -the same crew from Seven Grandmasters.

• Like 2

Duel to the Death
On 7/22/2020 at 7:42 PM, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Fan cover by earlier forum member Golden Swallow.

Just out of curiosity sake i was going to check out their profile but i don't see anybody by that name. They must be long gone. 

• Like 1