Series with Beardy

ShawAngela

A question for @rdenn, the big return !! :bs_smile:

Among all my dvds-r, I found today a series with Beardy and an actor who makes me think of Canti Lau, and another one who looks like  Eddie Cheung, but I'm not sure for these two.

The Chinese pinyin title is Xiao Ao Gong Men, but I can't find anything on google with this...

It's late at this hour, I'll post some pictures on tomorrow.

I only watched 3 episodes today (and I'm not even sure to have the complete series !) and from what I understood, it tells the story of two brothers who are sons of an official (and maybe Beardy is only an adopted son). Both are in love with the girl student of their father and Beardy decides to give up his love in order that his brother can be happy with the girl he loves and she finally accepts to marry him.

The guy who looks like Eddie Cheung (called Yu Fong or Yün Fong in the series) is a fighter who becomes Beardy's student.

There are a series of murders in the town, and the brothers investigate, and later, they go to another town with some men and Yün Fong and there, this latter and Beardy befriend a blacksmith who repairs Beardy's sword and it appears that they are all here to protect the king (or a prince ) who comes to visit this town and there is an attempt to kill him and...the rest on the next disc, if I find one...

Does @rdenn or anyone else have any idea of what this series is, please ? An English title would be welcome.

When I watch it, I have the feeling that it could be a Morris Weinberg series, but it's not what is mentioned in the credits, and it looks like a 80's series.

In Beardy's filmography on wikipedia, I found two series that could fit : Fate of two heroes, CTS 1986 and State of divinity TTV 1984, but no Chinese titles for these two, so, I don't know if the series I have is one of these two or not...

• Like 3

Ok, here are some screenshots I took from each episode and I'm afraid that I do'nt have the whole series !! :bs_firey:

In order : the girl student ; Beardy ; the teacher and Beardy's father ; beardy and his brother ; Beardy, the father and the girl student, called Yü Luo or Yi Luo ; the brother and Yü Luo ; the duel between the two brothers ; Beardy and his student Yün Fong ; The title of the series ; The King and the brother after the attack at the inn ; Beardy, the blaskcmith and the repaired sword ; Yün Fong, Beardy and the blacksmith ; the blacksmith ; the credits (two pictures) ; the brother and the fake monk who killed many people in the town.

Maybe it's State of divinity 1984, since it seems to me that the Chinese pinyin title for TVB's Smiling proud wanderer is something like Xiao Ao Jiang Hu and since the beginning of the title of my series is the same it could be this one...

vlcsnap-2020-07-22-22h13m28s024.png

vlcsnap-2020-07-22-22h02m39s636.png

vlcsnap-2020-07-22-22h04m18s301.png

vlcsnap-2020-07-22-22h05m04s349.png

vlcsnap-2020-07-22-22h05m08s776.png

vlcsnap-2020-07-22-22h14m09s945.png

vlcsnap-2020-07-22-22h34m55s103.png

vlcsnap-2020-07-22-22h40m39s381.png

vlcsnap-2020-07-22-23h49m43s719.png

vlcsnap-2020-07-22-23h49m24s259.png

vlcsnap-2020-07-22-23h26m27s963.png

vlcsnap-2020-07-22-23h20m44s630.png

vlcsnap-2020-07-22-23h19m02s216.png

vlcsnap-2020-07-22-23h14m17s058.png

vlcsnap-2020-07-22-23h13m57s665.png

vlcsnap-2020-07-22-22h55m36s092.png

• Like 3

@rdenn, did you watch this series, do you know how many episodes it has, please ?

Also, looking at the pictures, can you confirm that the other leads are Canti Lau and Eddie Cheung, or am I totally wrong ?

• Like 2

VICTORY !!

I finally found the other dvd of this series misplaced among other series in my boxes and I watched it this afternoon !!

Unfortunately, the last episode was full of pixels, and, even with the sound at 200%, I was unable to hear more than half of what was said !! :bs_firey:

I'll post the review later, but I can already say that it was an EXCELLENT series !!

• Like 2

On 7/28/2020 at 5:39 AM, ShawAngela said:

@rdenn, did you watch this series, do you know how many episodes it has, please ?

Also, looking at the pictures, can you confirm that the other leads are Canti Lau and Eddie Cheung, or am I totally wrong ?

I can confirm that the other leads are definitely not Canti Lau (who started acting with TVB around 1989) and Eddie Cheung (who was still playing side/minor characters in TVB productions in the early 80's).

• Like 3