Apparently bruce did the dubbing with the famous line in Way of the Dragon?

sifu iron perm

Pup From The North

Bruce dubbed the voice for the Mandarin version. That's why it doesn't sound like Bruce on the video. Because it isn't!

If you listen to the original audio, you will hear Bruce doing the voice for John Benn too. I think he does the voices for several characters. I have even thought that maybe every english speaking part in that version was done by Bruce.

• Like 4

sifu iron perm
30 minutes ago, Pup From The North said:

Bruce dubbed the voice for the Mandarin version. That's why it doesn't sound like Bruce on the video. Because it isn't!

If you listen to the original audio, you will hear Bruce doing the voice for John Benn too. I think he does the voices for several characters. I have even thought that maybe every english speaking part in that version was done by Bruce.

OHHHHH that makes sense. thanks.

• Like 3

Killer Meteor

Bruce dubs some of the boss's lines in the scene where Tang Lung and the Boss first meet (just prior to the nunchaku scene), the rest of the time it is Ted Thomas.

The English dubbers who contributed lines to the Mandarin version were a totally different team from the ones who actually dubbed the English version!

• Like 4

Omni Dragon

It sounds like Bruce also dubbed some of Bob Baker's lines in the Mandarin version of Fist of Fury.

• Like 3

Killer Meteor

Indeed he did! All three of them!

On the Mandarin version of Way, Bruce dubs the cop at the end, but these lines were redubbed on the Cantonese version.

• Like 4

DragonClaws
On 7/21/2020 at 4:14 PM, Killer Meteor said:

On the Mandarin version of Way, Bruce dubs the cop at the end, but these lines were redubbed on the Cantonese version.

Was he the first Hong Kong actor to get involved in the soundtrack, sound FX and the dubbing process?. 

Killer Meteor

Seems to be. He was even involved in directing the English dub of FOF, according to the Michael Kaye interview on the Criterion blu-ray

• Like 2