Jackie Chan's Police Story 2022

SamSeed

Jesus Christ. he knows very well that there is enough police story in the title to make money. I hope it is a more dignified product of his latest films. his luck is that he has tons of fans who tolerate whatever he does. They are not very demanding and do not inquire.

• Like 3

If this goes back to the darker tone of New Police Story, I'm all for it. I appreciate he can't really do the same amount of action, but the cage fight scene in Police Story: Lockdown was poor, not only in choreography but it was badly shot, which is a cardinal sin in a Jackie film! So it would be nice, even if there's only one fight scene, and hoping that he directs it himself, if he really went for it.

Edited by SamSeed
  • Like 4

Oh hell no.In his own words “I’m to slow now”.If he had some new blood to make into stars and he just directs and choreographed then yes but we know that’s not going to be the case.

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, saltysam said:

I have to say i haven't seen any of Jackie's recent movies and i'm a huge fan.

Chinese Zodiac is worth it for the end fight, classic Jackie. The Foreigner is a genuinely great thriller, with a few bits of action throw in, but it works better as a character piece. Even those are a couple of years old now.

Edited by SamSeed
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, SamSeed said:

Chinese Zodiac is worth it for the end fight, classic Jackie. The Foreigner is a genuinely great thriller, with a few bits of action throw in, but it works better as a character piece. Even those are a couple of years old now.

I am wrong, i have the Foreigner, very good film. Also have Chinese Zodiac but not watched it yet. All other stuff like Kung Fu Yoga,Skiptrace,Dragon Blade, etc i haven't been interested in

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, saltysam said:

I am wrong, i have the Foreigner, very good film. Also have Chinese Zodiac but not watched it yet. All other stuff like Kung Fu Yoga,Skiptrace,Dragon Blade, etc i haven't been interested in

Skiptrace is actually quite fun, if you don't mind Johnny Knoxville doing his shtick. Dragon Blade had a nice punch up between Jackie and John Cusack but otherwise very forgettable. I've avoided Kung Fu Yoga and Bleeding Steel.

Edited by SamSeed
  • Like 4

The franchise peaked with Supercop and that's where the series should've ended. First Strike tried to be a Hollywood movie going for the international production feel but ended up being a bit flat. Didn't like New Police Story as it was just Benny Chan's take on the franchise with Jackie's approval playing a new character. Haven't seen Police Story 2013 but it goes too far being a true installment acting like a standalone movie.

As for Jackie, I think he should stick to drama-oriented movies like Shinjuku Incident and The Foreigner because those two worked for him and he actually cared making a difference as an actor rather than taking huge paychecks making crap he's doing otherwise.

Edited by DiP
  • Like 4

I still think this should be a sequel to New Police Story.  Have Jackie play Wing in a more extended cameo and bring back Nicholas Tse's Frank Cheng now as a police detective having earned it after helping Wing in the original. That's just my two cents.

Edited by AlbertV
  • Like 3

I'm game for another Police Story.  The world needs JC now more than ever  but.....me being a huge fan needs JC how sad this world has become.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, SpartainX said:

The world needs JC now more than ever  but

I think we need a Jackie Chan that’s in his 30s and not 66.It sucks getting old😞We don’t even have anybody who comes close to doing what he used to do in his prime,there just isn’t the talent out there.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, sym8 said:

I think we need a Jackie Chan that’s in his 30s and not 66.It sucks getting old😞We don’t even have anybody who comes close to doing what he used to do in his prime,there just isn’t the talent out there.

They'll never be one like Jackie Chan, so ill settle on what we have now.  As long as talent ignore fresh talent nobody will ever take up Jackie's mantle. Close we ever got was Tony Jaa decades ao till he ran into problems.

• Like 2

masterofoneinchpunch
On 8/4/2020 at 7:56 AM, SpartainX said:

They'll never be one like Jackie Chan, so ill settle on what we have now.  As long as talent ignore fresh talent nobody will ever take up Jackie's mantle. Close we ever got was Tony Jaa decades ao till he ran into problems.

The issue, which Jackie has stated himself, is that you will never see an environment where these kids are brought up learning Peking Opera in an extraordinary sifu/student relationship where their lives are brought up training.  These insanely talented (though lacking some skills like writing, Jackie has mentioned this) individuals than could not find jobs except for stunt-people and slowly brought themselves up the create one of the most important eras of action cinema.  How does one create a milieu like this again without being illegal?

• Like 8

ShaOW!linDude
On 8/11/2020 at 12:47 PM, masterofoneinchpunch said:

The issue, which Jackie has stated himself, is that you will never see an environment where these kids are brought up learning Peking Opera in an extraordinary sifu/student relationship where their lives are brought up training.  These insanely talented (though lacking some skills like writing, Jackie has mentioned this) individuals than could not find jobs except for stunt-people and slowly brought themselves up the create one of the most important eras of action cinema.  How does one create a milieu like this again without being illegal?

Shhhh. Be quiet. You're gonna ruin it for everybody. We all know stunt skills are more important than reading and writing. I do stunt work everyday just getting out of bed and falling on my face.

• Like 5