Sui Tang Feng Yun aka Chronicles of Sui and Tang CTV 1976

ShawAngela

I'm currently watching this very old historical series and I noticed that there are A LOT of our familiar actors in it !

Here is a list of them. I watched only one disc, maybe I'll find other ones in the second disc and i'll update the list then.

And there are some other familiar faces whose names are unknown for me, I'll mention them in another section.

Zhang Yang : not sure, it may be Cho Kin

Chiao Chiao  : I didn't even know that she had played in series, at least this one...

Lau Dan

Tony Liu Jun Guk

Michelle Yim

Dean Shek : yes, our Dean Shek plays in a series, and a serious role... yes, it's possible...

Chan Lau

Pai Piao,

Stanley Fung

Lily Chen Ching

• Like 4

I forgot to mention Roy Chiao, as well. It's the first time I see him in a series.

I'm not sure that you'll enjoy this one  : a lot of talks and not much action...

• Like 3

12 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

I'm not sure that you'll enjoy this one  : a lot of talks and not much action..

thanks for letting me know will give it a miss

• Like 1

Hello, this series has a sequel (Empress Wu) ,there is not  Zhang Yang or Cho Kin in Chronicles of Sui and Tang ,is Bau hon-Lam(see god of gamblers)

• Like 2

Thanks !

I finished the second disc yesterday and became angry because I thought that I had been cheated, since the last episode shown isn't obviously the end of the series !

I also have Empress Wu, so, I'll watch it soon. No wonder that I recognized the actress playing also the Empress in Sui Tang if it's a sequel !!

• Like 2

On 7/18/2020 at 1:11 AM, ShawAngela said:

In the CTV 1976 series "Empress Wu", the beginning is played by "李 通明: Lee Tung Ming" after by "湘 漪: Sheung Yi" in the role of Empress Wu

• Like 3

On 7/16/2020 at 11:52 AM, ShawAngela said:

I'm currently watching this very old historical series and I noticed that there are A LOT of our familiar actors in it !

Dean Shek : yes, our Dean Shek plays in a series, and a serious role... yes, it's possible...

Why should this surprise anyone that watched enough TV dramas and feature-length films?  I mean I just recently watched some old non-martial arts films from Shaw Bros on Netflix and I saw (my mother also saw this) some of my recognizable TVB actors.

Even when I watched Korean films I've recognized some of my well-known favorite Korean actors/actresses from my K-dramas.  So it shouldn't be a surprised when you watch your foreign TV dramas you see some of your actors from your films.

• Like 2