Rambo 6 (2023)

Iron_Leopard

Ahh, didn't they said everything the needed to say since Rambo 4? lol  To me that was the perfect ending, now they are ruining it with even more sequels.

I've heard that the plot was going to be inspired on the book "Hunter", which is a completly different character and is going to be adapted to fit in the "Ramboverse".  is something about Rambo hunting down a monster like creature made by scientists who is hidding in the jungle. Too over the top, even for a Rambo movie lol

I'd rather prefer he makes the movie "Hunter" (he bought the rights of the book and have them for years now) and follows the plot of the book instead of adapting it for a Rambo movie.

• Like 2

As cliched as Last Blood was, watching Sly go all out brutal on admittedly very stereotypical bad guys was still a blast to watch in the cinema. So as long as he keeps making them, I'll keep watching.

• Like 5

Rambo 4 was the perfect end to the Rambo franchise.. 

When Rambo 5 was announced I couldnt wait as Rambo 4 was awesome. however Rambo 5 was a major let down.. the film felt rushed and the character didnt seem like Rambo.. to be honest they could have called that movie something completely different from any of the Rambo movies.. it was a major let down. However just heard about the extended cut of Rambo 5, has anyone seen it? Is it an improvement over the the theatrical version?

Heck the one sequel I always wanted them to make for a movie and they never did was The Goonies! 

• Like 3

I think that Last Blood was a good stopping point for the series. But if they keep being as good as that film was, I'll keep watching them. Not sure who could be the bad guys this time though. 

• Like 3

At this point, they're better off remaking First Blood in a post-Afghanistan/Iraq context.

Iron_Leopard

The Rambo series might be my favorite film franchise of all time but does this character really need to be handed to someone else? I swear Stallone fears being forgotten more than anyone in history. He wants all his films to be remade over and over again until the end of time so nobody forgets he was a big star in the 80s and 90s. 

• Haha 1

starschwar

I'd only be onboard for more Rambo -even a recast Rambo - but only if they let the Grand Theft Auto writers handle the script.

Edited by starschwar

Boards Fight Back

I was a little disappointed in Rambo's last outing, as while I understood the ending wasn't really supposed to be a happy one, as he had a life of violence to endure, it was still kind of drab to have his character just ride off like that. Especially with nothing to show for it except some sense of inner peace.

The ending to the fourth movie felt way more appropriate. He went home. John Rambo was persuaded by Sarah in the fourth movie to return to the states after they survived the massacre in Burma. He did just that, as the same type of score is played out for to highlight the emotional vibes to the scene.

The way he walks down the path at his father's ranch was kind of like how the first film felt, as he was looking for his friend, Delmore, walking down the road. Even his army jacket is sort of the same in that scene as well.

So that ending was more of a full circle type of conclusion to his arc. It just seemed way better than whoring out this Taken copycat flick, where none of the other movies are even mentioned.

I did not think it was the worst film Sly made in recent years by any means, but it wasn't absolutely brilliant either. The ending was very gory and enjoyable enough for die hard buffs, and how I believe the first movie's forest hunt part could have went if he went totally mental at the thought of the police force chasing him down in the wilderness. But I understand the first movie is more of a solid drama about one having PTSD issues, so the action was more so amped up in the following sequels with the gunships and tanks.

• Like 2