Shaw Brothers Music

Duel to the Death

Duel to the Death

I wonder if there is a compilation out there of Shaw Brothers music? Fan made or whatever. Masked Avengers and 8 Diagram Pole Fighters have amazing and famous music. I just got done watching both of these recently and that got me thinking. I'm sure some of the other movies by them have great music as well but i don't remember it that well. 

I believe Quentin Tarantino borrowed a cue from 8 Diagram Pole Fighter for Kill Bill. 

I love watching the movies, but would love to have some of the music to listen to over and over :)

• Like 2

Duel to the Death
11 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

I must get a copy of this. I see it has one of the songs i'm looking for. The track "Suppression (Two Champions of Shaolin)" is the same song used during the opening credits for Masked Avengers

https://open.spotify.com/track/6kXBnr1LGYiWGvAM4of0EE?si=XdtmKnFpTk2JEU7AA9MXSQ

But i'm not sure if the tracks from 8 Diagram Pole Fighter are here. Since Shaw reuses music it could one of the other ones. Looks like you can listen to the whole album for free on Spotify. 

• Like 1

Duel to the Death

I'm learning new things here. Seen this on one of the Amazon reviews. 

Library music was released exclusively to the media industry for use in TV documentaries, dramas and films. 'Kung Fu Super Sounds' collects 43 tracks that were originally recorded for the British based De Wolfe music library and later re-cycled for the hundreds of Kung Fu movies made by The Shaw Brothers, Hong Kong's largest film studio.

So i wonder if this music can be found elsewhere, like anything from movies not included. 

• Like 1

ShawAngela
1 hour ago, Duel to the Death said:

Looks like you can listen to the whole album for free on Spotify. 

Really ? I just clicked on your link and tried to listen to one of the titles, and I was asked to register at once...

• Like 1

Duel to the Death
1 minute ago, ShawAngela said:

Really ? I just clicked on your link and tried to listen to one of the titles, and I was asked to register at once...

I think you do have to register but it's still free. If you are on PC you can play the album with some ads in between the songs (get an adblock ;) ) but on mobile it will shuffle all the songs so you can't listen to them in order. 

• Like 2

Does anyone know where I can find the music for Death Duel (1977)?  The track I'm referring to is this one it starts at 10:30: 

• Like 1