Maxim 10 best martial arts scenes... blah

Guest jiangtou

Guest peringaten

Oh man, I love Crippled Masters! That film is crazy schlock! No where near the greatest fight scenes, but given the flimsiness of such list, serious credit to them for including it!

ggf.gif

I think the 2 crippled guys, Frankie Shum (pole spinner) and Jackie Conn, did a sequel called something like "Crippled Heroes", and another flick about shaolin they had a part in or something I kind of remember reading about once...

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chinatown Kid

Unless I saw that pic I wouldn't have believed it. No disrespect to the handicapped people that starred in the film, but it seems highly exploitive and gives the feel of watching a carnival sideshow. I don't know, maybe the disabled people in it were just glad to be starring in a film though, i'm not taking anything away from the skill they developed despite of their handicapp and admire that.

Guest Markgway

That's pretty much how I felt, CK.

I marvelled at their skills, and the choreography is clever, but I still felt like I was watching an exploitation film.

Truth is I'm not sure anyone could've have pulled this off completely.

Guest Atomic Mystery Monster
I think the 2 crippled guys, Frankie Shum (pole spinner) and Jackie Conn, did a sequel called something like "Crippled Heroes", and another flick about shaolin they had a part in or something I kind of remember reading about once...

I definitely know that they appeared in TWO CRIPPLED HEROES and FIGHTING LIFE.

I've heard references to a pair identified as "The Crippled Masters" appearing in a movie called 24 BRONZES HORSES (aka 24 SHAOLIN MOVES/RAIDERS OF SHAOLIN/RAIDERS OF THE SHAOLIN TEMPLE/RAIDERS OF WU TANG), but I'm not sure if it was the same guys or if they were just imitators.

Archived