Kill the Golden Goose (1979) - Brad Weston, Ed Parker, Bong Soo Han, Carol Conners

AlbertV

NoKUNGFUforYU
1 hour ago, dionbrother said:

Every single person I know who studies BJJ ends up with a back injury.  Every. Single. One.   Not dissing it, since it's a fun art to learn, but this is the reality I know.

You sure it is not a neck injury? I know a lot more taken out by that then the back. All full contact arts have elements of risk and injury. If you want to be prepped for a fight, you can't go into shock when you get hit, but most people do. There are exceptions, but trying to get to be able to fight without fighting is pretty tough.

• Like 2

dionbrother
21 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

You sure it is not a neck injury? I know a lot more taken out by that then the back. All full contact arts have elements of risk and injury. If you want to be prepped for a fight, you can't go into shock when you get hit, but most people do. There are exceptions, but trying to get to be able to fight without fighting is pretty tough.

Nope.  Back injuries,  Even celeb BJJers like Joe Rogan and David Lee Roth mentioned injuring their backs. May have something to do with age, especially if one is over 40.  I know that I don't recover from workouts or trail runs as quick as I used to.  If a middle aged BJJer gets hooked on rolling five times a week, they may not give their bodies enough recovery time and something breaks down.  Just my theory, though.  Back injuries(and probably neck injuries as well) are to BJJ what hip replacements are to Tae Kwon Do guys and concussions are to boxers.

• Like 2