The Scott Adkins Starter Pack - His Top 10 Movies

One Armed Boxer

One Armed Boxer

I've seen everything during these months of lockdown, from Bake Your Own Sourdough Starter Packs to Grow Your Own Vegetables Starter Packs.  Well, over at COF we've decided to get in on the act, so we present to you the Scott Adkins Starter Pack!  Uninitiated with the British martial arts star?  These are the 10 movies that'll introduce you to his talents!  Check it out via the link - 

https://cityonfire.com/cof-presents-the-scott-adkins-starter-pack-best-top-10-movies/

Scott-adkins-starter-kit-1-scaled.thumb.jpg.11092b0becee36ca16a6a0b734b7b1c4.jpg

• Like 7

Thanks for sharing Paul, I really need to see more of his work. I’ve seen Close Range and Ninja 2 which were pretty both good, especially the latter of the two.

• Like 4

One Armed Boxer
10 hours ago, DrNgor said:

I just bought CLOSE RANGE from a video rental store the other day.

This sentence came to you directly from 2001.:tongueout

• Like 5

6 hours ago, One Armed Boxer said:

This sentence came to you directly from 2001.:tongueout

There are a small handful that haven't closed yet here in São Paulo. My neighborhood happens to have one of the hold-outs.

• Like 4

ShaOW!linDude

To me, Adkins' first Ninja film is better than Debt Collectors. I just don't feel that movie deserves all the hype. Not real thrilled for the sequel. Hope they up their game.

• Like 4

Drunken Monk
16 minutes ago, ShaOW!linDude said:

To me, Adkins' first Ninja film is better than Debt Collectors. I just don't feel that movie deserves all the hype. Not real thrilled for the sequel. Hope they up their game.

The sequel is excellent. I think it takes what the first one had and runs with it. It features one of my favourite fight scenes of the year thus far.

• Like 4

Just finished Avengement if I can call that a martial arts movie. Its the first Scott Adkins movie Ive actually seen and I thought it was decent. Whats like the essensial 5 of Adkins? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JCLegend86 said:

Just finished Avengement if I can call that a martial arts movie. Its the first Scott Adkins movie Ive actually seen and I thought it was decent. Whats like the essensial 5 of Adkins? 

Ninja: Shadow of a Tear
Undisputed II and III
...anybody else?

• Like 2

Drunken Monk
8 minutes ago, DrNgor said:

Undisputed II and III
...anybody else?

Accident Man
Both Debt Collector movies are fun but don't expect a fight fest.

• Like 2

My Scott Adkins picks in no order

Accident Man, The Debt Collector, Avengement, Undisputed 2 & 3, Ip Man 4, Close Range and Universal Soldier Day of Reckoning

@ShawAngela I was half joking don’t worry I like Shek!

• Like 3

14 hours ago, DrNgor said:

Undisputed II and III
...anybody else?

I really like the trailer of Ninja: Shadow of a Tear. Do I need to watch the first one before or can I go straight to Ninja 2? Same with Undisputed, does the first movie have anything to do with 2 and 3? 

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
1 hour ago, JCLegend86 said:

I really like the trailer of Ninja: Shadow of a Tear. Do I need to watch the first one before or can I go straight to Ninja 2? Same with Undisputed, does the first movie have anything to do with 2 and 3? 

The short answer is - it helps, but isn't essential.

The 2nd Ninja movie is a direct continuation of the first, but all your really need to know about the first one is that it ends (and this isn't a spoiler) with Adkins living happily ever after with his masters daughter.

For the 'Undisputed' flicks, from a purely Scott Adkins stand point you can start from 'Undisputed 2: Last Man Standing' (Michael Jai White steps into Ving Rhames role from the original, which is the only connection).  However from there I'd recommend watching 'Undisputed 3: Redemption' and 'Boyka: Undisputed IV' chronologically. Especially the last one, which has the flimsiest plot ever, so it really helps to have the additional context on the character from the 2nd and 3rd entries.

• Like 3
  • Buddha Bless You 1