Lost Bullet (2020) & Lost Bullet 2 (2022)

laagi

@venom10463 Did you check it out? I went ahead and gave it a watch. Made for an entertaining 90 minutes. Some good fight scenes and car chases were pretty insane! Also most of the action seems handmade which I appreciate. Nice to see that french action film is still alive.

Edited by laagi
  • Like 4

I've stumbled upon this one by chance the other day and gave it a watch after quite liking the trailer. My logic was you can't go wrong with French car action, and I was right. Lost Bullet is great! This is one superb action thriller with some great chase sequences and one surprisingly good, realistic fight in the police station. I was never a big fan of French movies, but I gotta admit, when they make them right, they make them great. As for Netflix movies, this is one of their best. Watch it!

• Like 3

Another solid entry in what will eventually be a trilogy. Or at least that's what I've gathered online.

If you've enjoyed part one this is a no-brainer. As it pretty much offers more of the same. And in this case that's a good thing!

The action is raw. For that alone (again) it's worth your time. Although the movie does mostly live of its car stunts.

There are three fight scenes which coincidentally are neatly inserted at the beginning, middle and end. With my favorite probably being the middle, taking place in a police station leading up to a (you guessed it) car chase.

I couldn't help but think about the F&F franchise. I mean didn't they start out as just that? And now they are whatever the hell they are now. But that's not the point here.

My only gripe with the fight scenes are that they're somewhat poorly edited. I felt that every time there was a "brutal" move there was a (unnecessary) cut. Call me savage but I want the camera to stick to violence towards the bloody end.

Overall however this is an easy recommendation if you enjoy car stunts and some handcrafted action!

• Like 1

I watched the first film this evening and throughly enjoyed it. It’s a quick and easy watch and provides constant entertainment. I don’t think the car chases are going to blow anyone away but they are a lot of fun. Same with the fight scenes. Although, I admit, I really enjoyed the hand to hand stuff. Nice and scrappy.

I’m looking forward to watching the sequel tomorrow night.

• Like 1

Real solid sequel and yeah, it'll obviously be a trilogy. Some solid fighting thrown in the mix, but what this really is, is a modern carsploitation movie, only this time smokey is also the bandit. Pierret enjoys crashing his cars as much as Tarantino enjoys killing his characters. Renault commercials have never been this much fun.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2022 at 1:01 PM, ShaOW!linDude said:

I'm tempted to watch these, but the trailers bring on immediate Transporter comparison in me. 

The first one is nothing like any of the Transporter movies. 

• Like 1

ShaOW!linDude

Lost Bullet (2020) and Lost Bullet 2 (2022) starring Alban Lenoir; directed by Guillaume Pierret

Both films, which are French, are streaming on Netflix.

AL stars as Lino, a thief and mechanic/driver, who gets arrested after a failed jewelry store heist. Because of his knack for building cars, he has the good fortune of being put on a work release from prison to work on the police cars for a special unit that chases drug traffickers. He's become such an asset that the cop in charge of the unit has secured Lino an early release from prison and a permanent job working on the unit's cars. Lino wants to find and reconnect with his brother, who was in on the failed heist. When he does, he learns that his brother is actually working for said drug traffickers, who are in bed with some really crooked cops. However, things get squirrelly and Lino ends up framed for his cop friend's murder. His brother also winds up dead, and now all Lino wants is revenge.

In the second film, Lino has cleared his name and is now an actual part of the special. Then he learns that the crooked cop who killed his brother isn't actually dead, but hidden away to serve as a witness against the corrupt cops and drug traffickers. That does not sit well with Lino as he still wants revenge. So he kidnaps the witness, which puts him squarely in the crossfire of both legit police officers and the crooked cops.

These movies are fast-paced and pretty entertaining to watch. They are very much along the lines of Jason Statham's Transporter movies. So you get some gun play, some fight scenes, and plenty of car chases. The fights are pretty brutal. There are some MA techniques involved, but really they are just brutal brawls with some great impacts. The car chases are really fun, especially in the 2nd film, and I don't believe that the crashes are CGI. Maybe they are, and if so, they fooled me.

I had recently watched Lenoir in AKA (2023) which is also on Netflix, where he plays an operative who infiltrates the mob. I enjoyed it okay, but found the Lost Bullet movies more to my liking in the action department. They would definitely make for a fun double feature if you find yourself in the mood for an action-packed evening.

• Like 2