Martial Arts Movie Marathon Much?

SMK

Martial Arts Movie Madness!  

35 members have voted

1. 1. How Many Martial Arts Films Have You Seen In The Last 7 Days?

• 1-3
    • 4-7
    • 8-10
    • Too Many To Count
    • 0 - Just Haven't Had The Time or Interest

With a wide variety of options available to take up your valuable viewing time, from TV shows/movies, streaming series/movies, new movies from different genres, etc, have you been watching any martial arts films in the last 7 days?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I watched 17 movies from last Sunday to today (and I haven't begun to watch something today...).

I can't believe it !!

Haven’t had the time,first week back at work in 10 weeks so just to busy.😞😞😞

The Fu Sheng book has given me my second wind exploring more Shaw Brothers pics.  Been watching one maybe every other day right now.

On 6/20/2020 at 11:16 PM, Iron_Leopard said:

I've watched 5 in the last week.

Impressive. :thumbsup

On 6/21/2020 at 3:08 AM, ShawAngela said:

I watched 17 movies from last Sunday to today (and I haven't begun to watch something today...).

I can't believe it !!

OMG! That is incredible. Do you average this each week? You don't want to get burned out. 

On 6/21/2020 at 4:05 AM, sym8 said:

Haven’t had the time,first week back at work in 10 weeks so just to busy.😞😞😞

Completely understandable.

On 6/21/2020 at 7:53 AM, massa_yoda said:

The Fu Sheng book has given me my second wind exploring more Shaw Brothers pics.  Been watching one maybe every other day right now.

That is a respectable pace for watching the FU. Do you also mix it up and watch films or tv series from other genres?

4 minutes ago, SMK said:

That is a respectable pace for watching the FU. Do you also mix it up and watch films or tv series from other genres?

I'll watch a TV show with my wife until she goes to bed (whatever we are currently binging at the time) and then catch a FU flick after.  It takes multiple days sometimes because I start dozing off after too long.  Darn old age...

4 minutes ago, massa_yoda said:

It takes multiple days sometimes because I start dozing off after too long.  Darn old age...

I'm the same way, sometimes it takes me a few days to finish 1 movie. It depends on how late I start watching it. 

37 minutes ago, SMK said:
On 6/21/2020 at 12:08 PM, ShawAngela said:

OMG! That is incredible. Do you average this each week? You don't want to get burned out. 

I don't think so, it depends on how much work I have or other things to take care of,  and since I'm still working at home and I don't have to spend time in the buses to go to work, it allows me to watch a little bit more movies than usual.

It won't be the same in September, when there won't be the virus anymore (I hope so !) and that things will return as before, if I'm able to drive my car...

2 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

It won't be the same in September, when there won't be the virus anymore (I hope so !)

I'm afraid the virus, or the threat of the virus will only be worse in September, at least according to experts. Here in the US as business started reopening, the cases of people being infected have been going up. Here in California where I live, it seems each day that comes sets a new record for new cases. Here in the US we are still on the 1st wave, and they say we are expecting to have a second wave in Winter, which should be worse than the 1st.

Not sure how bad it will get. So just make sure to stay safe and stay home when or if you can. 

1 minute ago, SMK said:

Not sure how bad it will get. So just make sure to stay safe and stay home when or if you can.

I think that since the lockdown here around the 14th of March, I must have gone out thrice, just to go to the doctor and blood analysis, and since the end of the lockdown on the 11th of May for the first phase, I only got out twice, to send packages to forum members who had ordered movies from me, without taking buses and walking to the post office (5 km to go and return...it helps being in good health !! But it's exhausting, sometimes...) !

It's the same here, at two weeks from the school holidays, the government has decided that all pupils had to return to school, and I heard this morning that in Paris, two schools had to close because of new cases of the virus, and I'm also very anxious regarding September and october because they say that the virus might come again...

I've managed to watch 4 in the last week. I've been busy from working from home and watching screeners of upcoming indie films for my blog. I do try to find time to watch the occasional martial arts film. Last week, I watched the indie Kung Fu Brother with Ron Hall and Marcus Aurelius and revisited Kickboxer 2 and 3 along with the very bad Kill the Golden Goose.

Omni Dragon

The martial arts movies I watched in June were; The Raid, Winners & Sinners, The Accidental Spy, Police Story III-Super Cop, Shaolin Temple (1976), The Thundering Mantis and Shaolin Mantis, but still before June, March was the last time I watched a full martial arts movie. So a lot really depends on my mood.

On 6/24/2020 at 8:41 PM, massa_yoda said:

I'll watch a TV show with my wife until she goes to bed (whatever we are currently binging at the time) and then catch a FU flick after.  It takes multiple days sometimes because I start dozing off after too long.  Darn old age...

On 6/24/2020 at 8:48 PM, SMK said:

I'm the same way, sometimes it takes me a few days to finish 1 movie. It depends on how late I start watching it. 

I do this a lot as well to the point were so much time passes I feel like I need to start from the beginning again to remember what happened.

I think the longest it took me to watch a movie like this was about 9 years and 2 months. I caught a TV broadcast of Dirty Harry with my dad in July 2010, we were both to tired to finish. Within a few days or weeks my dad brought and watched it on DVD. I spent 9 years thinking I'll get around to watching it soon and then in September last year I watched it over 2 days. By the way this doesn't have anything to do with the quality of Dirty Harry.

Archived