Heroine using pony tail hair as weapon

krosive

Question

Hello KungFu Fansters,

Can someone help me identify a fung fu movie I saw as a kid where the female heroine fights off the bad guy in a kung fu dojo, i think it was the final fight scene, she 1st uses her kung fu, but as the bad guy gains the upper hand and is winning she resorts to using her pony tail hair as a weapon (pony tail end had ball bearings or something)

There was also an earlier scene in the end fight where her male elder class mate cames home from his far travel, to see the fight in the dojo and he jumps in to fight the baddie but is no match, he is severely in cut up and injured (baddie I recall had a sword)

I've been racking my brains for years trying to find this movie.

Thanks

• Like 1

9 answers to this question

Thanks DrNgor, I think you are right!

At first I didnt think it could it Hapkido, as I remember watching a low res and grainy movie...however after watching it thoroughly, it seemed to match what I was describing. Also come to think of it back in the 80s, VHS movies where often low res and poor quality after being rented and watched hundreds of times.

The high definition remastered videos these days are so awesome.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2020 at 7:33 AM, krosive said:

There was also an earlier scene in the end fight where her male elder class mate cames home from his far travel, to see the fight in the dojo and he jumps in to fight the baddie but is no match, he is severely in cut up and injured (baddie I recall had a sword)

That really sounds like Whang In-Sik getting sliced up during the finale against Yamane Teruo.

On 6/19/2020 at 7:33 AM, krosive said:

an someone help me identify a fung fu movie I saw as a kid where the female heroine fights off the bad guy in a kung fu dojo, i think it was the final fight scene, she 1st uses her kung fu, but as the bad guy gains the upper hand and is winning she resorts to using her pony tail hair as a weapon

Yeah, I don't think her ponytail had a weapon, but Angela whips Pai Ying with her hair to distract him during their final scuffle.

• Like 2

Gam Chi Lan uses her pony tail as weapon in the movie "Der Gelbe Gorilla" (I didn't have time to search for the Chinese title) with Bruce Le, Chen SIng, James Nam and Bolo.

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

Gam Chi Lan uses her pony tail as weapon in the movie "Der Gelbe Gorilla" (I didn't have time to search for the Chinese title) with Bruce Le, Chen SIng, James Nam and Bolo.

Bruce and Shaolin Kung Fu.

• Like 2

DragonClaws
On 4/3/2021 at 3:51 AM, ShawAngela said:

Hi @ShawAngela I cant recall this scene being in the movie, is Gam Chi Lan an alias name for actress Kim Jeong-Nan?.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

Hi @ShawAngela I cant recall this scene being in the movie, is Gam Chi Lan an alias name for actress Kim Jeong-Nan?.

Yes, I think so. I only know her under her Chinese name, it's the one who played a Korean cop in the Shaws' Deadly Angels, and she also played with Jackie Chan in...I don't remember the English title of the movie...

The scene I'm referring to is the one where she plays a kind of geisha during a dinner at the Japanese headquarters and she kills one of them and search for something and then, she is almost caught and she has to fight, using Tae Kwon Do (at least, it's what is said during the movie ; she is James Nam's daughter, who teaches this martial arts to Bruce Le, is I'm not mistaken), and then a sword or a knife and he pony tail too. And there is another scene prior to this one in which she uses it too, it seems to me tha tit's when she and Bruce Le are attacked after her father has almost been killed by the Japanese.

• Like 2

Recently watched Hapkido where Angela mao uses her hair as weapon. I found this as an interesting idea and would like to know if there are any other movies where a woman uses her hair as a weapon.

Thanks

Edited by Guru
Spelling
  • Like 2

On 6/20/2021 at 1:40 PM, Guru said:

Recently watched Hapkido where Angela mao uses her hair as weapon. I found this as an interesting idea and would like to know if there are any other movied where a woman uses her hair as a weapon.

Thanks

I'm just rewatching Kung Fu Mama, and Chang Ching Ching uses her braids as weapons. It's not really a pony tail, but I thought that it was worth mentioning it here as well.

• Like 2