Sword Masters Shaw releases

Iron_Leopard

Iron_Leopard

Why are these dvds so hard to find compared to Dragon Dynasty releases?

I really want the "Death Duel" Sword Masters release but the ones I find are so expensive. 

I had no problem getting "The Jade Tiger" a few years ago from them. But now all of a sudden it's like they are extinct. 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They just didn't make that many in the first place.  I seem to have a Death Duel shaped hole in my collection, too...though I may just need to dig around a little.  I don't have everything catalogued.

2 hours ago, Iron_Leopard said:

Why are these dvds so hard to find compared to Dragon Dynasty releases?

I really want the "Death Duel" Sword Masters release but the ones I find are so expensive. 

I had no problem getting "The Jade Tiger" a few years ago from them. But now all of a sudden it's like they are extinct. 

Of the (western) Shaws releases: Dragon Dynasty, Funimation, Image, Sword Masters and Tokyo Shock, Dragon Dynasty is basically the only one you can find now at a reasonable price.

Most of us got them on their initial release.

Iron_Leopard
On 6/18/2020 at 8:09 PM, thekfc said:

Of the (western) Shaws releases: Dragon Dynasty, Funimation, Image, Sword Masters and Tokyo Shock, Dragon Dynasty is basically the only one you can find now at a reasonable price.

Most of us got them on their initial release.

You dont have any doubles of Chor Yuen films you want to sell me do you?

13 hours ago, Iron_Leopard said:

You dont have any doubles of Chor Yuen films you want to sell me do you?

Negative.

The ones I had I already gave or traded them away.

On 6/18/2020 at 7:21 PM, tdb said:

They just didn't make that many in the first place.  I seem to have a Death Duel shaped hole in my collection, too...though I may just need to dig around a little.  I don't have everything catalogued.

This... Out of all the major official US releases Dragon Dynasty was by far the most common, and usually the "best known" movies...sold in Best Buy and Walmart.  I think MAYBE some Tokyo Shock, and Well Go releases might have been in Best Buy to but most of the rest usually had to be ordered online.

Archived