Warrior Nun - Netflix

SMK

Iron_Leopard

I saw this comic book at the local comic store a few weeks ago. Had never heard of it so when I looked it up to see if I'd be interested in buying it I saw they were making a show for it on Netflix. 

I'll give this a try. It reminds me of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. 

• Like 3

ShaOW!linDude

The Mrs. and I have been watching this. We've enjoyed the characters and the dialogue, and the premise is interesting.

The action needs work. Sometimes it's good, sometimes the editing mars it.

We have 1 ep left to watch. I think we'd be down for a 2nd season.

• Like 3

megadurilicus

Just finished season 1.  It was interesting.  I felt like it started with a lot of potential.  By the end of the season I no longer cared about the plot or the characters.  It became too unbelievable. 

I really only liked Sister Beatrice character because she seemed the most consistent with what a Warrior Nun would be like.  Plus she had the best fight scenes... :khi5h:

• Like 4

Well, one part of me loves the premise(Nuns fighting evil just sounds awesome), but the other side of me is saying that the acting looks like it might be really bad(Which will kill the characters for me and make me not care). Seems like one of those things I will pick up if I find it cheap somewhere on DVD. 

• Like 3

Iron_Leopard
On 3/27/2021 at 7:45 PM, DarthKato said:

Well, one part of me loves the premise(Nuns fighting evil just sounds awesome), but the other side of me is saying that the acting looks like it might be really bad(Which will kill the characters for me and make me not care). Seems like one of those things I will pick up if I find it cheap somewhere on DVD. 

Warrior Nun could have and should have been so much better. But I gave it a pass cause the concept is so cool (I'm a Buffy fan) and the character Beatrice is the best thing in the show. Shes amazing. 

• Like 3

venom10463

I gave Warrior Nun a 7 out of 10. I felt the first half could have been shorten. They prolonged it with the main character hanging out with those kids, and the nuns trying to convince her to return with them. The best part of the show is whenever Mary or Beatrice was on screen.

I hope they do a better job with the storyline in season 2 and don't make it slowly drag along.

• Like 5

DarthKato
5 hours ago, Iron_Leopard said:

Warrior Nun could have and should have been so much better. But I gave it a pass cause the concept is so cool (I'm a Buffy fan) and the character Beatrice is the best thing in the show. Shes amazing. 

I have not actually seen Buffy yet. Being a 90s kid, that seems almost blasphemous. lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Watched it a few months ago after seeing the trailer which looked interesting. Like Venom10463 said, the first half could have been shorten. Action scenes are very good but not enough of them. However, the ending turned me off as I'm not a big fan of supernatural/evil stuff and it seems that's where it's heavily leading in the future. Not sure I'll watch season 2.

• Like 3