Ju-on: Origins (2020) Netflix mini-series

whitesnake

Ju-on: Origins (Ju-on: Noroi no le) is an upcoming Netflix mini-series (6 episodes) to premiere on July 3, 2020 in the U.S.  "Ju-on: Origins will focus on the true events which inspired the films.  The series details the beginning of the curse and gives a raw look at the chain of terror that befalls all of those who come into contact with the house of horror."  Cast includes Yoshiyoshi Arakawa (The 47 Ronin in Debt), Yuina Kuroshima (Ju-on: The Final Curse), and Ririka (Tokyo Internet Love).  For stills and more credits, here's the article - http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2020/06/14/ju-on-origins-japanese-horror-franchise-returns-in-new-series-on-netflix/ 

• Like 3

Looks pretty good. I'm a fan of the movies, so I'll probably check this out at some point. 

• Like 2

On 9/5/2020 at 11:35 PM, Koravec said:

Jeez how many remakes do we need?

They could stop now if cannot create anything new to story. And it`s unlikely as seems curses/grudges cannot be broken kinda hate to watch grudge/ring even if movie been entertaining it`s too obvious how it ends..

• Like 3

@FightingFool The american grudge may be my favorite horror movie. Ive seen the american trilogy, the japanese originals, and the japanese original short films of the japanese remakes.  Heres the problem, theyre literally all the same. Gets extremely redundant. 

Then theres all these and other publications and whatnot I didnt even know about, its just milking the ‘franchise’ (which should just be a story not franchise imo) for money. Wasnt aware of these other ones past the already drawn out Grudge 3. Thought I was being generous lending so much to watch all those yet Im not even halfway indulged in all of it somehow? damn lol

A142B7AA-55CD-4BCB-A493-1008AE7BAAB9.jpeg

Edited by Koravec
  • Like 4

I liked 2020 version for most part. It was genuinely creepy, last minutes tho left bit unsatisfied overall impression. Haven`t seen S vs K, somehow been forgetting to grab dvd or br. Should put sticky note to monitor about it:wondering

• Like 2

@FightingFool Same, Ive actually been interested in that since it came out. But never found anywhere to watch it, but also havent heavily sought it out to make sure I saw it. Maybe next halloween season if I remember.

• Like 2

It was ok. More scary than movies and at times really disturbing. Ghosts are not main evil yet but people who do bad things.. However at times it felt like mess, there were too many characters who made quick appearance then returned later. Was at times thinking "who are those guys/girls"..One which perhaps should be viewed twice but feel it`s not worth it.

For those who have seen several/all movies I guess this is worth checking out but for someone new to concept maybe best forget this and just accept grudge was born in big bang..or whatever..

• Like 2