Rebellious Reign

sym8

Question

Hi all,does anyone know where I can get a widescreen print of this film,I have the vengeance video release but the pan and scan just misses so much.I have seen a widescreen clip on YouTube so there must be one out there just don’t know where to look.Many thanks👍

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

23 answers to this question

I can`t help you but was complaining same thing years ago here...Kwon young moon such amazing villain and overall top notch movie.

• Like 3

Ninja Sinai

Been trying to hunt for a proper widescreen version for years!!

I heard a rumour that Fortune Star is currently in the process of remastering Rebellious Reign. Lets hope thats true! The end fight is ballistic! 

• Like 4

NoKUNGFUforYU

I need Kung fu Robber to look at it before I would think about subbing, and it seems like a down as well. I have some cool VODs ahead of it, Fist of Bruce Lee, Dirty Kung Fu, Magnificent 2.

• Like 5

NoKUNGFUforYU

45 minutes in. Should be ready next week. Nice print.

Bruce Li's attempt to be a secret agent on a very low budget. If someone had more money and a better script, who knows?

• Like 3

Killer Meteor
22 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

45 minutes in. Should be ready next week. Nice print.

Bruce Li's attempt to be a secret agent on a very low budget. If someone had more money and a better script, who knows?

It's got a great soundtrack!

• Like 2

NoKUNGFUforYU
1 hour ago, Killer Meteor said:

It's got a great soundtrack!

It should be, it's clips of John Barry.

• Like 1

Killer Meteor
8 hours ago, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

It should be, it's clips of John Barry.

Plus Henry Mancini covering Average White Band!

• Like 2

On 7/4/2020 at 2:36 AM, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

It's on VOD widescreen, no subs.

Is it in proper widescreen (i.e. original aspect ratio)?

Or faux widescreen?

• Like 2

NoKUNGFUforYU
On 11/13/2020 at 1:23 PM, Ninja Sinai said:

Is it in proper widescreen (i.e. original aspect ratio)?

Or faux widescreen?

My bad, it is fullscreen but in better shape. I don't know if that many people are into getting an upgrade with subs. My feeling is, if it was upgrade/remastered with a full screen, like I said, that must be all that is left, as I keep seeing other obscure films getting widescreen upgrades on Chinese VOD. Very random.

• Like 3

FLK are offering Rebellious Reign as a widescreen print,excellent quality but £25.Very tempted but is it worth it?🙏

TibetanWhiteCrane
7 hours ago, sym8 said:

FLK are offering Rebellious Reign as a widescreen print,excellent quality but £25.Very tempted but is it worth it?🙏

Find out whoever they stole it from and ask them.

• Like 5

thundered mantis
8 minutes ago, bigrogie said:

Didn't Joy Sales release a WS remastered version of Rebellious Reign?

Yeah, but it was released as VCD only. So, no "excellent quality" I´m afraid. I think I´ve read like ten years ago that FLK version was sourced from Joy Sales, so, unless they have gotten a new source, it won´t be anything new. The screencaps on FLK website do not work for me, so no idea...

• Like 4

9 hours ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Find out whoever they stole it from and ask them.

Are these people the same as wu tang collection in terms of taking other people’s stuff and cashing in on it?

• Like 2

TibetanWhiteCrane
44 minutes ago, sym8 said:

Are these people the same as wu tang collection in terms of taking other people’s stuff and cashing in on it?

Well, they are, and have always been hucksters and thieves, pilfering any and all custom job coming down the pike and calling it their own, making fake WS prints, censoring and blocking people who ever questioned them on their forum, and basically just lying, stealing and bilking all the way..... in short, they're scum.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, TibetanWhiteCrane said:

Well, they are, and have always been hucksters and thieves, pilfering any and all custom job coming down the pike and calling it their own, making fake WS prints, censoring and blocking people who ever questioned them on their forum, and basically just lying, stealing and bilking all the way..... in short, they're scum.

So.....I’m sensing your not a fan😀I think I’ll stear clear and just hope some of our members can come up with something,thanks for the info 👍👍

Edited by sym8
  • Like 4

TibetanWhiteCrane
36 minutes ago, sym8 said:

So.....I’m sensing your not a fan😀I think I’ll stear clear and just hope some of our members can come up with something,thanks for the info 👍👍

Just my opinion.... based on fact, but still, just one viewpoint. I know plenty of fu fans support them and purchase from them, maybe more in the past, but yeah, personally never have, never will.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, thundered mantis said:

Yeah, but it was released as VCD only. So, no "excellent quality" I´m afraid. I think I´ve read like ten years ago that FLK version was sourced from Joy Sales, so, unless they have gotten a new source, it won´t be anything new. The screencaps on FLK website do not work for me, so no idea...

Akuma custom dubbed that Joy Sales version on DVD. I have it and it's pretty good. Best version around that I've seen.

• Like 2