Angel (1987) Damn Good film and looking for some info?

Guest gfanikf

Guest gfanikf

I have to say seeing the uncut version of this film was a real treat. Lots of fun action and violence. I plan on doing a longer review later but I had some questions about the flick.

1. Was it really low budget as some reviews suggest on the HKMB? It seems like it wouldn't be with all the location shooting, the opening, use of helicopters, etc. This doesn't seem like some Steven Seagal DTV lol.

2. It did about 8.5 m HKD, how was that in terms of its budget.

3. Can anyone give me some info on Molesworth Limited Production who made the film? I've heard Muldoon mention there name a couple of times.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest moviegyrl

I own the Eastern Heroes print of this film, which I have always thought to be poorly-edited (especially the final fight). >: I had no idea there was an uncut version of the film. Who produced it?

From an interview with Tony Leung Siu Hung:

HKCinemagic : In 86, you participated in certainly one of the best Girls with Guns ever, Angels. Can you confirm us who directed the movie as there are contradictory reports?

Tony Leung Siu Hung : Not Teresa Woo. Actually, it was directed by Ivan Lai, Teresa Woo just did the script.

Guest DragonMa55

The version I have is the UK VHS version, I haven't seen it but the only DVD version currently out there as far as I know is the version put out by Flashlegs which is uncut, There's also slight rumors that a company will be making a bid for the rights to this film along with a few others from WB but nothing's happened yet.

Archived