The Best Album covers, ever

shaolinshadowboxer

shaolinshadowboxer

After listening to Santana's Shango album, I asked myself the question: What is the best album cover of all time?
The answer is entirely subjective, but I made this thread to ask you guys what your favorites are.

There are some that should be on the list simply for the sake of them being iconic, like Pink Floyd's Dark Side of The Moon or Nirvana's Nevermind.

Here are a few that catch my eye:

Hotel-California.jpg

The-Clash-London-Calling.jpg

Livecopper.jpg

GZA-Liquid_Swords-hhdx.jpg

220px-SantanaShangoAlbum.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Sgt Peppers album cover is pretty amazing, even better than the assortment of songs Id say.

Zappa did the parody after feeling like they stole his concept album idea and everyone was crediting them for it, and acknowledging influences.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpegthen the stones were kind of said to have stolen the psychedelic 'concept' idea for their satanic majesties, which imo is an also amazingly iconic cover and title (even for 60s psych)

image.jpeg.5f035691a4c524e9be91f5d1269c81d0.jpegi

Chu Liu Hsiang

Great thread! I had a wonderful book in lp cover size, including 100 iconic 60s and 70s rock album covers, then lent it to someone and never got it back. I still curse that day :bs_firey:

Among others, I love the Led Zeppelin album covers, and also the fact that some of them don't even wear the band title. And some of them you could interact with, Physical Graffiti and In Through The Out Door.

Archived