Lung Fei

ShawAngela

ShawAngela

What ?!! This great actor doesn't have a thread ??!!

Let's create it, then !

Ok, so, first, does anyone know if he is still alive ?

I just took a quick look to his hkmdb page and found three pictures in which I almost didn't recognize him !!

First one in Rider of revenge.

Second one in The devilish killer

Third one in The mighty one

He played in only four Shaws Brohters' movies  : The mighty one, The champion, Shaolin avengers and New game of death.

And I just saw that he also played in two Adam Cheng's movies, Night orchid and Swordsman adventure,  that I watched at least twice and I didn't even spotted him !!

RiderofRevenge+1971-27-b.jpg

TheDevilishKiller+1971-39-b.jpg

LungFei-16-b.jpg

• Like 3

I wrote down a list of movies in which Lung Fei played : 174 movies, according to hkmdb, and I have 130 of them for sure, maybe 4 or 5 more that I'm not sure.

And I realized that he played in a lot of movies in which I didn't even notice him! 

I guess that when I'll stop working, I'll have A BUNCH of movies to watch or rewatch !!

• Like 3

He is one of my favorite villains and most folks might know him as "Master Betty" from the film Kung Pow which was Tiger & Crane Fists with a dub over and Steve Oedekirk edited in.  It was good for a laugh.

My favorite film with him was Deadly Strike as one of the convicts who helped Bruce Li in his operation against Chen Sing's group.

What has he been up to these days? 

Edited by SunChien
  • Like 3

Wasn't he involved in the triads back in the day? Big favourite of mine,great sidekick for Wang Yu and to a lesser extent Ho Chung Tao. Plus plenty of other classics.He was great in Beach Of The War Gods.

Edited by saltysam
  • Like 4

Killer Meteor
1 hour ago, Cognoscente said:

Indeed, he was.

Clearly wasn't ashamed about it. In Exit the Dragon, Enter the Tiger, he plays a Triad called...Lung Fei!

• Like 3

Cognoscente

In the Chinese version of that movie, the dialogue is different during the scene where Ho Chung-Tao pretends to be an old newspaper vendor. Instead of saying "Movie star Susie Yung's been kidnapped," Ho says "Movie star Lung Fei found dead."

• Like 2

Killer Meteor
8 minutes ago, Cognoscente said:

In the Chinese version of that movie, the dialogue is different during the scene where Ho Chung-Tao pretends to be an old newspaper vendor. Instead of saying "Movie star Susie Yung's been kidnapped," Ho says "Movie star Lung Fei found dead."

Did Lung Fei have triad connections in real life?

• Like 2

shukocarl1441996347
1 hour ago, Cognoscente said:

His closest associate, Shan Mao, was a gangster who got killed in a fight.

Apparently in 1977 during an argument with a Taxi Driver over not paying for his ride. he was killed with a sharpened screwdriver!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Cognoscente said:

His closest associate, Shan Mao, was a gangster who got killed in a fight.

Are there any proofs that Shan Mao was a gangster ?

• Like 2

Cognoscente
2 hours ago, shukocarl1441996347 said:

Apparently in 1977 during an argument with a Taxi Driver over not paying for his ride. he was killed with a sharpened screwdriver!

According to this Chinese page, he was killed in a fight while drunk: https://movie.douban.com/celebrity/1347593/

I tried to find the taxi driver story but nothing turned up on a Chinese site.

It's hard to imagine him lacking money given how prolific he was, so perhaps he felt that he didn't need to pay the driver because of his status as a gangster.

1 hour ago, ShawAngela said:

The fact that he played himself in ETD,ETT...right down to the name. Also, he did a LOT of movies with Jimmy Wang Yu.

• Like 2

8DiagramAuntieFighter
2 hours ago, ShawAngela said:

Nowhere near a valid reason to assume he’s one, but Shan Mao for me just gave off that aura. I’d bet my money and feel confident tbh

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Cognoscente said:

According to this Chinese page, he was killed in a fight while drunk: https://movie.douban.com/celebrity/1347593/

I tried to find the taxi driver story but nothing turned up on a Chinese site.

It's hard to imagine him lacking money given how prolific he was, so perhaps he felt that he didn't need to pay the driver because of his status as a gangster.

The fact that he played himself in ETD,ETT...right down to the name. Also, he did a LOT of movies with Jimmy Wang Yu.

ETD ? ETT ? Could you please name th emovies in full ?

I guess that ETD is Enter the dragon, but  I don't have time to check if he played in it or not, sorry.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, 8DiagramAuntieFighter said:

Nowhere near a valid reason to assume he’s one, but Shan Mao for me just gave off that aura. I’d bet my money and feel confident tbh

Well...With such a reasoning, I can tell that Yi Yuan, San Kuai and so many others are gangsters too... :bs_laughing:

From what I read in the subtitles of Chen Hui Min's interview posted by @DragonClaws, it seems that everybody in the industry was a triad member, but without any proof, that's hard to tell regarding precisely an actor or another one...

I guess that maybe you are right...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Cognoscente said:

Exit the Dragon, Enter the Tiger.....which is what sparked this recent series of posts.

Ah, yes, thanks, I should have guessed, sorry !

• Like 1