Bastard swordsman TV series ?

ShawAngela

Question

ShawAngela

While looking for something on the internet, I came across a picture saying that it was the series Bastard Swordsman with Norman Tsui 1985.

Does anyone know if there is such series that exist, please ?

I lost the link, I have to search again...

• Answers 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

12 answers to this question

I don't think a 1985 version exists,only one version 1993(remake Reincarned 1979),may be this one

Personaly I prefer the one from 1979 (Reincarded) and sequel (Dragon strikes) avec Jason Pai Piao and Bruce Leung 

ShawAngela

I wonder...The picture was a black and white photo and it looked like a Taiwanese series, maybe.

I recently found a Lu Xiao Feng's Taiwanese series with Barry Chan, so, it may be a Taiwanese version of Reincarnated...which is still in my to watch pile together with Dragon strikes.

Isn't On the waterfront also a sequel to the two previous ones you mentioned ?

I saw the above clip just after having asked my question here ; what is the English title of this remake ?

Reincarned 2 ,and for answer your question about "On the warterfront" doesn't have to do with "reincarned" and "Dragon strikes" like "Heaven sword,Dragon sabre" with "Legend of condor" and "Return of condor"

There is the 1979 TV series - w/Norman

1984 Taiwan TV series - This series focus on a different character

1993 TV Series w/Norman

ShawAngela
1 hour ago, khuu_2000 said:

"Heaven sword,Dragon sabre" with "Legend of condor" and "Return of condor"

I was told on another forum (wuxia one) that they are a llittle bit related because of the Clan of the cave (or something like that) that appears at the end of Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre, the leader of this clan being a descendant of...I don't remember who who was a member of the Clan of the Cave (I'm not even sure of this name, but it's something like that).

The Legend of the Golden Lion is also a series related to Heaven Sword and Dragon Sabre, since it tells the story of Zhang Wuji's Godfather and explains why he became almost mad and killed all these people at the beginning of Heaven Sword and Dragon sabre.

ShawAngela
1 hour ago, thekfc said:

There is the 1979 TV series - w/Norman

1984 Taiwan TV series - This series focus on a different character

1993 TV Series w/Norman

Thank you very much for this.

Wow ! Ku Kuan Chung, Walter Tso, Ng Man Tat ?, Lo Lok Lam and Yu On On ? in the same series, it must be worth watching and this clip is very good !

And this kind of spider web at the end of the fight, what a find !!

I guess that it's a clip from the 1984 series, right ? or is it the ATV 1979 series ?

On 6/8/2020 at 1:40 PM, khuu_2000 said:

No,this clip from "dragon strikes"(1979) (RTV) now (ATV)

Think that you are indeed correct.

That clip is from Dragon Strike,  the sequel to the TV series Reincarnated (Bastard Swordsman) with most of the same cast members and Jason Piao Pai & Bruce Liang.

There was supposed to be a 2014 remake co-produced with a mainland company and staring Norman's son Edward Chui playing the role his father played in the original but I haven't seen/heard anything so not sure if it was ever made.

Looking online for Norman Chu and Bastard Swordsman TV series -

http://www.hkcinemagic.com/en/people.asp?id=150 

"Before he became a film star, Norman was a TV star with his very popular role in 'Metamorphasis of the Heavenly Silkworm' in the late 70's." 

https://www.lovehkfilm.com/people/tsui_siu_keung.htm 

"He first gained attention as an actor at RTV (now called ATV, the second largest television station in Hong Kong) with his role in the TV series 'Reincarnated' AKA 'Metamorphosis of the Heavenly Silkworm'. The central character of Wan Fei-Yeung has become one of his most popular and infamous roles. Though the series had been winning against TVB in the ratings, Tsui was fired halfway through the series and replaced with another actor due to his periodic disappearances and disputes with the producers. He later starred in The Bastard Swordsman (1983), which is a movie adaptation of the story, and was brought in to play the character again at ATV in 1993 when Wan Fei-Yeung was literally resurrected from the dead for 'Reincarnated II'."

And there's even a Wikipedia entry for TV series Reincarnated (1979) with a detailed plot synopsis at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reincarnated_(TV_series)  

Decades ago I watched a videotape of clips (no subtitles) from the Reincarnated series, borrowed from a friend who had taped the clips off tv, and lent me the tape after we had seen The Bastard Swordsman movie at the Great Star Theater in San Francisco.

Archived