The usual bad guys in movies

ShawAngela

ShawAngela

Well, I didn't know where exactly post this thread, but as it will talk about actors, I thought that it was the right section. If not, someone will move it...

We recently talk about Fong Yau and Sun Lan with @DragonClaws (I don't remember in which thread).

There are also Chan Lau and Hsieh Hsin who are regularly playing bad guys in martial arts movies, and in addition to that, I find that they all have a similar look (see pictures, in the same order I mentioned these actors).

So far, I saw Hsieh Hsing playing a good guy in only one movie, and first, i don't remember which one, and second, his character dies very quickly in the movie..

ToughGuy+1972-88-t.jpg

ToughGuy+1972-80-t.jpg

Cobra+1981-18-t.jpg

Cantonese+1974-14-t.jpg

• Like 4

ShawAngela

Suen Yuet is also a regular villain, and it's only very recently that I saw him in movies in which he played someone else than a traitor, a rapist or a bandit...

Of course, Lo Lieh and Ku Feng were also great villains.

Do you have any other actors in mind ?

• Like 3

Iron_Leopard

Got to go with Wang Lung. Classic Shaws villain.

Also Yu Rongguang played far more villains than heroes. 

• Like 2

ShawAngela

Ah, yes, I forgot Wang Lung Wei.

And of course, the duo Shan Mao-Lung Fei !

Does anyone know if they were good friends in the real life ?

• Like 3

danthemandmv

Lee Keung played villains in a few Wang Yu & Chia Ling films, plus the massive Cheng Fu Hung had quite a villainous career as well...

• Like 2

ShawAngela

And how could I forget the one and unique Yi Yuan ??!!

I recently watched several movies in which Chan Wai Lau was a real bad guy too.

And talking about Chan...What about Chan Wai Man ? I haven't watched all of his movies, so, I don't know if he played more villains than good guys...

• Like 2

ShawAngela

San Kuai is a real detestable villain in some movies.

Chen Hung Lieh also had a bunch of bad guys characters in his career and I only knew him through this kind of roles until I saw him in The Winged Tiger !

• Like 2

venom10463

Lung Fei. This guy has the face of a villain. I don't recall every seeing him play a good guy.

thumb140(11).jpg

Edited by venom10463
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hwang Jang Lee, Bolo, Yusaki Kurata, Lee Hoi Sang, Wilson Tong, Robert Tai, Fung Hark On.

• Like 4

danthemandmv

Kam Kong made for a physically intimidating villain, as did Korean actor Cho Chun aka Chu Chiun& I can't forget Sonny Chiba's kyokushin senior Masashi ''Milton'' Ishibashi(I still say Ishibashi & Whang Ing Sik could've played brothers, they looked so similar...)

• Like 3

Kang Peng

Tommy Lee

Phillip Ko Fei

Chen Sing

Chang Yi

Hwan Fung - Although he usually play a supporting role but I love him as the corrector of "bad Kung Fu" in 5 Super Fighters.

• Like 2

Chu Liu Hsiang

Chiang Tao, he has a perfect bandit face which is still strangely likable. 

Wong Ching, I only saw one movie where he did not play villain so far.

Chiang Nan played lots of slimy villains/ traitors/ collaborateurs. 

• Like 4

On 6/8/2020 at 1:22 AM, venom10463 said:

Lung Fei. This guy has the face of a villain. I don't recall every seeing him play a good guy.

thumb140(11).jpg

I haven't watched all of his movies, but I know that he played a good guy at least in one movie : The Cantonese.

But yes, he is a perfect villain in all the movies I saw him in this kind of character.

• Like 2

As CT Kid mentioned....the late Fung Hak-On.  He was an excellent fight choreographer as well.

FungHakOn-67-b.jpg

• Like 5

While I have seen him play the role of good guys before, Fang Mian really has a look that I cannot trust.  He has that sneaky, slimy, backstabbing look -a role he was perfect for in The Invincible Fist (1969)

fang-mian-FPxQzWxD-500.jpg

• Like 3

Chen Sing is a perfect vicious guy in some of his movies ; I just finished to watch Shaolin plot and what a hatable prince he impersonates here !!

• Like 3

Graeme Of Death

Fung Hark On by a mile is my favourite bad guy. 

Closely followed by Dick Wei, Chung Fat, Yuen Wah and Lee Hoi San

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Graeme Of Death said:

Fung Hark On by a mile is my favourite bad guy. 

Closely followed by Dick Wei, Chung Fat, Yuen Wah and Lee Hoi San

Dick Wei really plays great roles that live up to his first name.  He's a pretty decent fighter on screen as well.  I love the arrogant, bullying character he played in The Champions with Yuen Biao and Cheung Kwok-keung .

• Like 2

Chu Liu Hsiang

Wang Hsieh and Huang Chung Hsin played lots of villainous roles. Especially Huang Chung Hsin was able to appear to be really frightening! 

Edited by Chu Liu Hsiang
  • Like 4

Chu Liu Hsiang

Chan Dik Hak, another perfect villain. I especially liked him as bad guy duo with Fung Hak On in ENTER THE FAT DRAGON. 

• Like 3

Thanks for mentioning Chan Dik Hak ! I've been trying to remember this actor's name for ages each time I saw him on screen !!

• Like 2

Senior Venom #1...Lu Feng

Lu often played the role of the baddie in films.

I kind of like the way he looks now a lot better.

280full.jpg

DmIwl7kUUAA-XuL.jpg

• Like 2

Kong Do and San Kuai I always remember as the perennial Shaw second tier villains or henchmen. Poor guys just were never cool enough to be the big boss!

I think I’ve seen Kong Do as the main baddie in a couple old CC films, but even then, it only made for a less memorable main antagonist.

My favorite Bad guy? Easily Lo Lieh, ive seen him effective as a cool and likable villain (Pai Mei), a psycho villain you can sympathize with to some degree (Human Lanterns), and a detestable scum bag (Mad Monkey Kung Fu). As well as everything in between. Lo Lieh is just the man.

After Lo Lieh, some of my favorite are Lau Kar Wing (Knockabout), Yuen Shun Yi (Dreadnaught), and of course Hwang Jang Lee in his many villain roles.

Edited by paimeifist
  • Like 5