Seven Swords?? // also Curse of the Golden Flower Question..

Guest Dahnamics

Guest Dahnamics

A couple questions for y'all knowledgeable heads out there. First Is Seven Seven Swords any good? Donnie Yen film correct? I noticed its being released on DVD in the US tommorow..

Now..

Let me say I saw COTGF last night.. I went into it not expecting a martial arts epic after reading a bunch of the posts on here and I must say I ended up enjoying the film thoroughly. Had i came in with those expectations I may have not liked it as much, so to anyone who hasn't seen it.. Just watch it expecting to see a romance/drama/epic, er.. lol

anyways

who was the incestuous shorty who was unknowingly sleeping with her brother?? I must say she's a cutie.. :b

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest limubai2000

I didn't care for the mess that is Seven Swords. I think Tsui could have done a FAR better job with the resources he had.

And the whole goth wuxia girl was just annoying!

Maybe the uncut version will play better. Many people in the wuxiamania forum say the TV series is far superior.

Guest VenomsFan

Dahnamics, I am trying to get rid of my Seven Swords DVD. I couldn't even sit through the whole thing, so it's in great condition. Let me know.

Guest dyenboy

I seriously do not know y everyone puts down seven swords..

I rather enjoyed the movie..lots of action...a pretty decent story..yea there are some cheesy moments..but overall its a movie I didn't mind spending money on..I have no regrets buying the movie..

the promise which I liked most..better than hofd, cthd and banquet

Guest kungfusamurai

According to IMDB, the buxomed beauty was played by Li Man. She doesn't have any other movies listed under that name. Maybe she's a newcomer? She was a cutie.

Edit: I was looking around on the internet and found an article below. She's only 17?! Jailbait. Damn!

Li Man Profile

li-man-4079-2.jpg

I would personally like to know if the actress who played the mother with the branded face was in any other film of note? In the IMDB, her name is listed as Chen Jin, and she's only got another film listed, which I've never seen. But her face looks so familiar. Maybe she just looks like someone else...

KFS

I liked Donnie Yen in the 7 Swords, however, the ending of movie could have been written a little better. :\ I think that it would have been more appropriate for Lau Kar Leung to kill the Villain in the end, instead of Yen, since Lau knew the villain.

Surprisingly, I noticed 2 old school stars (Chi Kuan Chun & ??? from Shaw Brothers studios) in that movie, in addition to Lau Kar Leung.

Guest The Running Man

Li Man looked great in Curse. :D

As far as 7 Swords go...well, if you can get the soundtrack of the score on CD and just see the sword fight scene on the walls (that lasts just a minute) then you have experianced everything that is of worth on that movie.

It is a mess.

Guest oldeschool17

ive only seen a few mins of it via youtube. Visually it looked nice and dark, but i dunno how that translates into overall movie.

Guest Morgoth

First post on the new forum. Woohoo!

I thought seven Swords was average at best. I liked the TV series much better. If I hadn't seen the TV series before I saw the movie I wouldn't have had a clue of what was going on.

Guest teako170
If I hadn't seen the TV series before I saw the movie I wouldn't have had a clue of what was going on.
As Astro used to say... "Ruh-roh, George!"

I haven't seen the series myself. Only reason I want to see it is because Pops had worked on it. Hopefully, it won't be too confusing...

Guest Morgoth

Some of the action is pretty cool, but as a movie it really doesn't work, at least for me. I am glad I got the dragon Dynasty DVD though. The special features kept me busy for a while. It has interesting info on how pops was injured and had Xin Xin Xiong and Tung Wei do most of the action, but Pops still planned out all the action.

I guess i'll be in the minority here, but I loved Seven Swords. The swords in particular, how they were crafted for each individuals personality make me want a sequal to see what the rest of the swords can do. I loved the fight scenes and with the swords the story became even more interesting.

Loved it

I liked Seven Swords, the only thing is that the editing is kind of jarring. Its obvious that half the movie was left on the cutting room floor. I'm also curious about the TV show.

I've been looking for the DD version everywhere but I can't find it :mad:

I've never seen the movie, but I loved the trailers, the action looks really cool, if a tad over-edited.

Guest Morgoth

The Dragon Dynasty trailer is pretty cool but the movie doesn't live up to the trailer. It is just too incomplete of a movie.

have you looked at Best Buy for it? If its not there I am sure you can find it on the net.

It's weird, I remember seeing a 2-disc version that was not either the Chinese version or the DD version (it had less extras, btw), it must have been exclusive here in Canadaland, I guess.

I can always order it from Amazon, even though I know it's not going to be that great I guess.

But I gotta see Donnie and Pops :D

Edit: Is it true that Leung Kar Yan has a cameo?

Guest Morgoth

Edit: Is it true that Leung Kar Yan has a cameo?

Hmmm, I can't give a for sure answer on that. I didn't see him. He is in the TV series but he doesn't really fight. Jason Pai Paio plays Leung Kar Yan's role in the movie version. Always nice to see him. And look for Chi Kuan Chun. he was my favorite part about the movie.

Hmmm, I can't give a for sure answer on that. I didn't see him. He is in the TV series but he doesn't really fight. Jason Pai Paio plays Leung Kar Yan's role in the movie version. Always nice to see him. And look for Chi Kuan Chun. he was my favorite part about the movie.

Ah...my mistake, I must have been reading about the TV version then.

I still want to get the DD version though, I read that the deleted scenes are all action scenes, so yay :D

It's too bad they didn't release a director's cut. 80% of the comments I have read about the movie say that it feels incomplete.

Guest greendragon75

I saw it w/my wife and even she said that it was a very very good movie. I say unless it is a definitly not even wait for DVD movie; I say u made a good choice.

Archived