Bruce Lee sequels

sym8

If Bruce Lee was still with us which of his movies would you have liked to see an official sequel to?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ShawAngela said:

The big boss, and, if it had had another ending, Fist of fury.

Maybe enter the dragon too.

The Big Boss would be my choice,since he gets arrested at the end maybe we could have got a prison break kinda movie.

• Like 3

Think there's only Way that hasn't had an unofficial sequel at least? I'd argue both Fist Of Fury Part 2 and New Fist Of Fury could almost be considered official as there are returning actors playing the same roles in both.

• Like 4

Black Dragon Vs Yellow Tiger (1976) is a unofficial sequel to Way of the Dragon.

I think he may have done a Enter the Dragon sequel and I believe he was thinking of a Way of the Dragon remake in America.

• Like 2

ShawAngela
1 hour ago, saltysam said:

I'd argue both Fist Of Fury Part 2 and New Fist Of Fury could almost be considered official as there are returning actors playing the same roles in both.

Yes, but no Bruce in them and if I understood well the question, we talk about sequels if Bruce was still here.

• Like 3

I've always liked the idea of an Enter the Dragon franchise with Mr. Lee going on different missions as an agent. Would have been nice to see John Saxon with Bruce again. A lot of people didn't like Saxon in ETD much but I've always found him to be a very likeable actor and I really liked the character of Roper. 

• Like 5

Josh Baker
3 hours ago, BillyLo said:

I've always liked the idea of an Enter the Dragon franchise with Mr. Lee going on different missions as an agent. Would have been nice to see John Saxon with Bruce again. A lot of people didn't like Saxon in ETD much but I've always found him to be a very likeable actor and I really liked the character of Roper. 

Agreed. I also liked Roper's character arc from being a sleazeball to an honorable man who wont fight Lee.

• Like 4

On 5/29/2020 at 11:42 AM, sym8 said:

The Big Boss would be my choice,since he gets arrested at the end maybe we could have got a prison break kinda movie.

What do you think of this proect @sym8?.

• Like 1

Killer Meteor
On 5/30/2020 at 3:17 AM, Josh Baker said:

Agreed. I also liked Roper's character arc from being a sleazeball to an honorable man who wont fight Lee.

I never saw it that way, I figured Roper was too scared Lee would kick his head off!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

What do you think of this proect @sym8?.

Seems a little to ridiculous for me.If they can do the deefake stuff well I think they should look at doing Game of Death the way it was meant to be(or what we know).Mixed In with the original footage and some reshoots with the deep fake stuff and a good Bruce Lee double we might get something interesting and unique,but I’m still not sure the technology is fully there yet🙏

• Like 3

A sequel to The Big Boss would be most interesting for me, had Bruce Lee lived longer. While the Big Boss Part II exists, I am not sure if I will ever get to see it to confirm any connection to the original. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, wuxiaman said:

While the Big Boss Part II exists, I am not sure if I will ever get to see it to confirm any connection to the original. 

It features Huang Kin-Lung in a minor role, as Cheng Chiu-On in prison if I recall rightly?. Never had the chance to view the entire movie, this is just what I've read/heard.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, DragonClaws said:

It features Huang Kin-Lung in a minor role, as Cheng Chiu-On in prison if I recall rightly?. Never had the chance to view the entire movie, this is just what I've read/heard.

I read the same thing as well. I've only been able to watch the trailer to this film, and read whatever I could find online. 

• Like 2

Ninja strikes back (Bruce Le) is kinda like Way , its a bit hokey at times but still i love it

Wouldnt mind 1-2 cgi Bruce Lee films but *only* if the scripts are decent and have some of Lees spirit in them.....

Edited by Coliseum1972
  • Like 2

Defiantly "The Big Boss(1971)": It would have been interesting to see the lasting effects of the events in the first film had on Cheng's psyche and if a relationship ever developed between him and Chow Mei. 

• Like 3

Owen_Johnston

Way of the Dragon was always my favourite (after FOF which obviously couldn't have had a Bruce starring sequel). 

Way ended with walking off into the sunset almost like a Wild West hero that would come back to save the day. Maybe in a sequel, he could've had other family in Japan / America being threatened by Yakuza / Mafia and had to go help in a similar fish out of water way. If in Japan, there could be lots of swords/knife fights :)

• Like 3

I think the only movie from Bruce that was mean to have sequels was Enter the Dragon. With the concept of a "Kung Fu James Bond", they had a lot more to run. I can think of Bruce Lee been hired by the agency to resolve crimes all around Southeast Asia, USA, Europe, etc. with all his earnings going to support the Shaolin Temple, he could also have had the student from the beginning of Enter the dragon as his sidekick in some missions lol

His other movies, mmmm, i don't think they had much story to follow up, they could have forced a sequel from eachone but that's it. Enter the Dragon had the potential to be a franchise.

• Like 4

DragonClaws
8 hours ago, edher_M.A. said:

His other movies, mmmm, i don't think they had much story to follow up, they could have forced a sequel from eachone but that's it. Enter the Dragon had the potential to be a franchise.

There were plans for a ETD sequel before Bruce Lee passed away, and he also planned to re-make WOTD with an American setting. Now this might have been a sequel to WOTD in some way?.

• Like 3

Just now, DragonClaws said:

There were plans for a ETD sequel before Bruce Lee passed away, and he also planned to re-make WOTD with an American setting. Now this might have been a sequel to WOTD in some way?.

From what ive read. Bruce Lee didn't wanted Way of the Dragon to be shown in America because he felt it was below his standars but Raymond Chow made the distribution deal behind his back. So make sense he was planning to do a remake in America with better production values, But Chow screw it.

Edited by edher_M.A.
  • Like 3

Owen_Johnston
17 hours ago, DragonClaws said:

In that case, I'm surprised Raymond Chow didn't try to cash in on Bruce's death with an Enter the Dragon sequel starring John Saxon, and write in some reference to Mr Lee returning to the Shaolin Temple and refusing to go on any further mission.

• Like 3

DragonClaws
10 hours ago, Owen_Johnston said:

In that case, I'm surprised Raymond Chow didn't try to cash in on Bruce's death with an Enter the Dragon sequel starring John Saxon, and write in some reference to Mr Lee returning to the Shaolin Temple and refusing to go on any further mission.

The following thread might be of interest to you?.

• Like 2

FOF 2 was an excellent follow up to FOF and we need to see Big Boss Pt 2 someday. With Enter they screwed up killing off Williams as instead of Black Belt Jones i think we'd have got Jim Kelly in a spin off. I really would've liked to see a proper Way sequel as i enjoyed Bruce's naive yet deadly character in this one.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, saltysam said:

FOF 2 was an excellent follow up to FOF and we need to see Big Boss Pt 2 someday. With Enter they screwed up killing off Williams as instead of Black Belt Jones i think we'd have got Jim Kelly in a spin off. I really would've liked to see a proper Way sequel as i enjoyed Bruce's naive yet deadly character in this one.

They shouldn't have killed Jim Kelly at all and we would have had a good sequel with him and Jphn Saxon looking after Bruce Lee and trying to get him back to their new Detective Agency or Secret Agency to hunt the likes of Shih Kien all around the world...The three of them would have been a great team and it could even had been a tv series...The Yellow White Black Agency's Adventures.. Or WYB Agency without precisions about the initials...:bs_laughing:

As for FIst of Fury, one could have imagine that Bruce was only hurt at the end and reappeared later to track again the bad Japanese ruling China and bullying people.

A sequel to The Big Boss : Some nephews or hidden wife of Han YIng Chieh seeking revenge on Bruce after him getting out of jail...

A sequel to Way of the Dragon : Bruce marries Nora and they open a restaurant in Hong Kong in order to live a peaceful life, but the triads harass them and they have to fight against them (and Bruce has taught martial arts to Nora and they fight shoulder to shoulder)...

Well...I'm maybe a little bit too imaginative, due to the numerous stories I write...:monk_laughing:Or maybe not, since Vengeance is the main if not the only plot of the movies we love to watch...:monk_laughing::bs_laughing:

• Like 5