Police Story 2 DVD Talk Review

Guest gfanikf

Guest Markgway

DVD Beaver are talking rubbish when they say that the R1 is better - they nearly always give the R1 versions the nod. That they don't even mention the obvious colour discrepancy proves this.

Yeah but the skin tone issue is fairly minor when composed to the out of sync IVL audio.

I wouldn't say minor. Just because one is bad doesn't excuse the other. I would agree - just - that the audio sync is more problematic.

Plus I just don't even care about the skin tone thing.

Maybe so? But lots of people do which is why I mention it. Better to be informed than ignorant.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Running Man
DVD Beaver are talking rubbish when they say that the R1 is better

I've never really been a fan of that website, despite how popular it is.

Guest morgoth

The Eglish dub I also thought was pretty good.

I agree with you Kermit(I think you said this)that the cover blows. PS 1 has a great cover. This is just as bad as the Seven Swords DVD.

Guest Markgway

It's obviously a matter of opinion - but I'm surprised any true fan would defend these 5.1 mixes. They're the audio equivilent of colourization or cropping.

Guest The Running Man

Speaking of "true fan", I detest reading reviews by people that know less about the films they are talking about, and maybe even the very genre they belong to, than I do.

That DVD Talk review is bogus.

Guest killer meteor

English dubs, regardless of quality, are worthless when the original film is screwed up by bad remixing or colour screwing. I only really like the Shaw dubs

Guest Sifu Socky
Speaking of "true fan", I detest reading reviews by people that know less about the films they are talking about, and maybe even the very genre they belong to, than I do.

I second that motion. Five quid says that reviewer borrowed most of his 'interesting HK cinema trivia' from the DVD commentary, sigh.

And I also take issue with their assertion that PS2 was the 'weakest' of the franchise. How so? Did they forget that First Strike stinks like a dead skunk in a cupboard?

Guest morgoth

I thought First Strike was a lot of fun, but it is no Police Story 2.

Question on the interview with the stuntmen(and woman) on the DD release.

I recognized Benny Lai and Mars, but who are the other 4?

Ben Lam has to be the guy with his hat on sideways but I am SO bad at recognizing faces.

Guest bertie wooster2

Speaking as just an average fan, I'm not that keen on aggressively arrogant people.

Granted, it's not as in-depth as your reviews (which I do enjoy and appreciate), but I hardly think that's reason to "detest" it. Calm down dear.

Guest The Running Man

Breath easy sweetheart, no one's being aggressively arrogant.

It's not about being an expert, it's about pretending to be one in the review and obviously not being one.

Archived