Ben Affleck might return as Batman for a solo series

DiP

This is all rumors but one that emerges in the wake of the Snyder Cut of Justice League. If this is true than this might be the Batman story that Affleck wanted to make all along with the solo Batman movie, that now stars Robert Pattinson, and will also see Joe Maganiello return as Deathstroke. There's also some interesting trivia on why Affleck left the solo Batman movie in the first place.

https://cosmicbook.news/ben-affleck-batman-hbo-max?fbclid=IwAR0kFTcU2BXrMZC1z068va3rnhsG6zRZem-8TIJFgOvwgYW3XsYubDOEEA8

Edited by DiP
  • Like 3

I'm all for it. I'm not the biggest fan of the Tom King Batman v Deathstroke storyline, so I hope that if this goes thru, they make a better storyline. All in all, I'm one of the few that loved Affleck as Batman and wanted a solo film from him. Me personally, i want to see a DCEU Batman and Cyborg movies. Cyborg got did dirty since they just left him hanging and tossed him to the side

• Like 3

Iron_Leopard

I'm a big Batman fan. But at this point even I'm burned out in the character.  Can they let Bruce take a break from the big screen please?

• Like 2

The Batman universe is so diverse and rich with characters and timelines that's really worth looking into as movie adaptations. If you're a big Batman fan then I'm sure you shouldn't mind opportunities like that, and with great talents involved.

One thing that we all can agree on is the uselessness in telling backstories again since Batman Begins and Gotham did that already (and brilliantly too).

Edited by DiP
  • Like 4

On 5/27/2020 at 6:57 PM, DiP said:

The Batman universe is so diverse and rich with characters and timelines that's really worth looking into as movie adaptations. If you're a big Batman fan then I'm sure you shouldn't mind opportunities like that, and with great talents involved.

One thing that we all can agree on is the uselessness in telling backstories again since Batman Begins and Gotham did that already (and brilliantly too).

Oh man you couldn't have said it any better. Like give me an adaption on Knightfall, Hush, TDKR, 10 Nights of the Beast, or even Fear the Reaper.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Ah_Tao said:

Oh man you couldn't have said it any better. Like give me an adaption on Knightfall, Hush, TDKR, 10 Nights of the Beast, or even Fear the Reaper.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is the closest filmmakers have gotten to making The Dark knight Returns a live-action movie. Otherwise, you can just turn to the animated version which I hear is really faithful to its' source material.

• Like 5

Iron_Leopard
17 minutes ago, DiP said:

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice is the closest filmmakers have gotten to making The Dark knight Returns a live-action movie. Otherwise, you can just turn to the animated version which I hear is really faithful to its' source material.

Same with "Batman Begins" as Year One, "The Dark Knight" as The Long Halloween, and "The Dark Knight Rises" as Knightfall.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, DiP said:

I know, I meant a full fledged live adaption from the actual Elseworlds storyline. I loved Batman v Superman, but that is in its own league and deserves its own shine. Ben Affleck did a wonderful job.

• Like 3

Ben Affleck is in talk of directing with Zack Snyder producing. They also want Jared Leto back as the Joker. So far, it has not been made clear yet whether this project will be a series or a movie. Either way, this is exciting news.

https://theculturednerd.org/2020/06/exclusive-hbo-wants-affleck-leto-and-manganiello-for-an-original-batman-project/?fbclid=IwAR0No3sg1NYL3K7QFnxxFU5e5URkCSFIkBt2lyLVRLeedcL5kQqtMdbcSqw

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Cognoscente said:

It's better than being a CW show like Batwoman or Arrow.

Oh, I know. I just noticed that its kind of hard to get DVD versions of stuff from HBO. I still haven't found a copy of the new version of the Justice League movie yet. 

• Like 2