Why didn't Chor Yuen ever work with David Chiang?

Iron_Leopard

Iron_Leopard

Was there beef between the two or did Chor Yuen want to separate his films even more from Chang Cheh and not have any Ti Lung/David Chiang collabs?

I wonder if this is why he went with Derek Yee instead.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Iron_Leopard said:

not have any Ti Lung/David Chiang collabs?

If there was a Chor Yuen/Ti Lung/David Chiang collabs then people would be making all kind of comparisons between that collab(s) and the Chang Chen collabs. like which one was better, etc, etc, etc,.

ShawAngela

Yes, it seems that Death Duel and Murder Plot are Chu Yuan's only ones David Chiang played in.

NoKUNGFUforYU

It may be that Chiang was not as available. He started to do more independents (probably a better payday!) around the time Chor Yuen really started to go all out with his Wu Xia films in the mid 70's. Also, Chor seemed to really like working with Ti Lung, and Chiang and Lung had a lot jealousy issues, so, I imagine Chor had to choose. Sure, they worked together, but their spats are pretty legendary. 

Iron_Leopard
On 5/26/2020 at 11:53 PM, NoKUNGFUforYU said:

It may be that Chiang was not as available. He started to do more independents (probably a better payday!) around the time Chor Yuen really started to go all out with his Wu Xia films in the mid 70's. Also, Chor seemed to really like working with Ti Lung, and Chiang and Lung had a lot jealousy issues, so, I imagine Chor had to choose. Sure, they worked together, but their spats are pretty legendary. 

I had no idea Lung and Chiang had issues with each other. Maybe Lung did see this as an opportunity to break away from Chiang and thrive on his own.

Archived