What movies and tv shows are you most looking forward to post-Covid19?

Koravec

What movies and tv shows are you most looking forward to post-Covid19?

Coronavirus delay related or not, whats soon to be released that your most excited for? Any genre, movies or series.

• Like 6

Definitely Cobra Kai Season 3.

Wonder Woman 1984, Mulan, Minions: Rise of Gru, A Quiet Place 2, Warrior Season 2, Stranger Things Season 4.

• Like 4

Didnt seem like there was too much in theatres or about to come at the time of all this happening. I know many would have looked forward to seeing the new Bond movie. 

• Like 2

Yep @SMK Im still really anticipating a stranger things season 4. 

Also on my list of films I was really excited for was the next Fantastic Beasts installment which I believe I heard was postponed filming due to the virus. 

Ironically thought the last installment of both ST and FB were both bad but still love and enjoy the series too much to not want to see more. Part of my confusion for the new star wars hate, if you really love the universe enough, more footage to immerse you into being there should be a bonus in some ways in itself. That being said Im less excited for another Mandalorian season. Ill watch it and have a great time going to a friends' to view it but it didnt do a ton for me.

• Like 3

Iron_Leopard
1 hour ago, Koravec said:

Yep @SMK Im still really anticipating a stranger things season 4. 

Also on my list of films I was really excited for was the next Fantastic Beasts installment which I believe I heard was postponed filming due to the virus. 

Ironically thought the last installment of both ST and FB were both bad but still love and enjoy the series too much to not want to see more. Part of my confusion for the new star wars hate, if you really love the universe enough, more footage to immerse you into being there should be a bonus in some ways in itself. That being said Im less excited for another Mandalorian season. Ill watch it and have a great time going to a friends' to view it but it didnt do a ton for me.

I'm so burnt out on Star Wars I dont even want to give The Mandalorian a try. Even if it's good. 

• Like 3

A quiet place 2,Bond,Mandalorian,and a shit load of sport🥊🏀🥊🥊🥊.Then I’m gonna binge the pub🍺🍺🍺🍺

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Iron_Leopard said:

I'm so burnt out on Star Wars I dont even want to give The Mandalorian a try. Even if it's good. 

I find it very surprising how acclaimed it seems to be across the fanbase. I didnt find it that good, watchable and enjoyable? Sure, had cool elements to it, but not to the extent of some of the praise around it, just my two cents.

Then another season of Clone Wars? Yeah cool, I was trying to get into the show this last winter. Me and a friend got through the first season, which felt a bit like an eternity. The show is a joke for that many and lengthy seasons. Then you have fans trying to deem the show essential at 44 hours or so.... For a series of events that supposedly happened between two movies that routinely get sh*t on by fans. And I was enjoying the show, its just a lot. Theres a lot more interesting stuff and variety you could use that time to explore, regardless of whether I go back to it sometime or not.

• Like 2

massa_yoda
12 minutes ago, Koravec said:

I find it very surprising how acclaimed it seems to be across the fanbase. I didnt find it that good, watchable and enjoyable? Sure, had cool elements to it, but not to the extent of some of the praise around it, just my two cents.

Then another season of Clone Wars? Yeah cool, I was trying to get into the show this last winter. Me and a friend got through the first season, which felt a bit like an eternity. The show is a joke for that many and lengthy seasons. Then you have fans trying to deem the show essential at 44 hours or so.... For a series of events that supposedly happened between two movies that routinely get sh*t on by fans. And I was enjoying the show, its just a lot. Theres a lot more interesting stuff and variety you could use that time to explore, regardless of whether I go back to it sometime or not.

You should really give clone wars another chance.  It evolves quite a bit every season.  The four-part series finale I’d put up against any Star Wars movie.  It’s that good.  

• Like 2

@massa_yoda Oh wow.I watched the first season which was almost entirely filler. But dont get me wrong I really was enjoying the show, would like to go back to it. The new season do the show justice too?

because I would actually really like to watch the other star wars animated series as well, just a lot of time 😰

Edited by Koravec
  • Like 2

massa_yoda
8 hours ago, Koravec said:

@massa_yoda Oh wow.I watched the first season which was almost entirely filler. But dont get me wrong I really was enjoying the show, would like to go back to it. The new season do the show justice too?

because I would actually really like to watch the other star wars animated series as well, just a lot of time 😰

It IS a lot of time to invest in a show, I agree.  At least 25 minute episodes binge a little faster.  I've also watched Star Wars Rebels and I really enjoyed it.  The big story arcs start much sooner and it has a really good payoff.  For the Clone Wars, they faced some issues with Cartoon Network airing some episodes out of order, even going into season 3!  But things really start getting better during S2 and steadily improving every year, both with story and animation.  The final season that aired on Disney plus has three story arcs. The first one is good storyline about the clone troopers.  The second is about Ashoka and is not incredibility interesting.  But the final story...wow.  It is movie quality animation.  Stunning from beginning to end.  It parallels the events of Episode 3 and is both epic and tragic.  If you've stuck with the show from the beginning, it will hit you hard.     

• Like 2

Drunken Monk

The three big ones I'm looking forward to are The BatmanTenet and No Time to Die. Oh and Dune!

I'm a bit picky when it comes to tv but I'm kind of looking forward to HBO's Perry Mason. As a fan of LA Confidential, I might be into the whole 1930's detective thing. I'm also fairly excited for the new series of Barry

Also, I don't know if this is even close to getting a second series, but I'd kill for another bunch of Love, Sex and Robots episodes.

• Like 4

@Drunken Monk Add Batman to my list too. And Dunes getting a remake? Havent seen the first one, bought the vhs of it a couple years ago lol. 

I hear Love Sex and Robots is getting a second season btw.

• Like 3

Drunken Monk
11 hours ago, Koravec said:

@Drunken Monk Add Batman to my list too. And Dunes getting a remake? Havent seen the first one, bought the vhs of it a couple years ago lol. 

I haven’t seen the original either but Denis Villeneuve is directing the remake and he’s one of my favourite directors.

• Like 2

Probably the new Batman movie is the one I'm most looking forward to. I plan to hopefully go see it in the theater. 

• Like 2

Cognoscente

I'm looking forward to seeing Jennifer Lawrence's Red, White and Water. It takes place in 2014. It's about a soldier who suffers a brain injury in Afghanistan before returning to her home in New Orleans. The film was initially made in 2019 before being heavily reshot in 2021. It's supposed to be released this year.

• Like 2

Can't think of too much upcoming that's exciting me. Was looking forward to The Batman, found it disappointing. I'm burnt out on Marvel,still haven't watched Spider-Man. Halloween Ends later in the year maybe.

• Like 3

The only movie I can think of is Ng Yuen-fai's Warriors of Future with Louis Koo and Lau Ching-wan.

• Like 3

Warriors of Future - https://www.fareastfilms.com/?news_post_type=trailer-2-warriors-of-future   The website has a nice poster for the film. 

Synopsis - "In 2055, a meteorite which brings a fast-growing alien vine named 'Pandora', crashes down on a barren Earth ravaged by pollution and global warming. 'Pandora' purifies the planet but kills everything in its path. To protect the citizens of their city, the heavily armoured military of Hong Kong, armed with the plant's genetic map tries but fails to destroy 'Pandora' and uncovers a conspiracy." (from Wikipedia)  Cast includes Louis Koo, Carina Lau, Ching Wan Lau, Nick Cheung, and Philip Keung. The movie opens in Hong Kong on August 12, 2022  

Just found this trailer with English subtitles - released on Youtube today -

Trailer with English subs and brief 'making of' at  

Edited by whitesnake
  • Like 3