Your favorite Harry Potter movie?

Iron_Leopard

Iron_Leopard

I've never been a big Harry Potter fan but I saw that Syfy network was having a marathon this memorial day weekend so I've watched most of them these past few days. They are showing the final two movies here shortly. 

I think my favorite is "The Prisoner of Azkaban". 

I've only seen these movies a couple of times each and the last time I watched them was so long ago I barely remember them. I do remember really liking Azkaban and it looks like that hasn't changed.

Which is your favorite in the series?

• Like 6

Woah where did this thread come from. Big potter fan here, grew up with the films. 

4 was always my favorite, 2 was always up there as well

Theres so much going on in 4 with the triwizard tournament. The entire movie feels like a big celebration of sorts then ultimately finality of finally seeing voldemort onscreen in the beautifully dark graveyard scene.

2 begins to stir the pot for whats to come past the first movie, which could have lived on its own had the story not taken off like it did. The flashback scenes and ultimately chamber of secrets is phenomenally done, what an incredible encounter with a 'ghost'.  

Imo these movies are the best that film has to offer...yep I seriously hold these movies to a very high regard. My love of movies is due to a large part from these films.

• Like 6

massa_yoda

I’ve always felt that The Order of the Phoenix was the most epic movie they did, followed closely by Deathly Hallows Pt 1.  Part 2 would probably rank third.  I’d have to re-watch it all from the beginning to rank all of them from best to worst, but I’m pretty sure my top 2 are firm.  

• Like 6

I must admit, confess, speak truthfully ... *I HAVE NEVER SEEN A HARRY POTTER MOVIE!

I remember taking my daughter to see at least one of them, but I don't even recall one detail from it. I might have been the one and only time I fell asleep during part of the movie. Not because the movie was boring or anything, but because at the time, I was working a lot of hours at my job, and I was very tired.

They are definitely the type of movies I like to watch, so I am not sure why I haven't seen them all.

embarrassed in a box GIF

• Like 5

Iron_Leopard
1 hour ago, massa_yoda said:

I’ve always felt that The Order of the Phoenix was the most epic movie they did, followed closely by Deathly Hallows Pt 1.  Part 2 would probably rank third.  I’d have to re-watch it all from the beginning to rank all of them from best to worst, but I’m pretty sure my top 2 are firm.  

The Dumbledore vs Voldemort fight at the end of Order of the Phoenix was badass. 

5 minutes ago, SMK said:

I must admit, confess, speak truthfully ... *I HAVE NEVER SEEN A HARRY POTTER MOVIE!

I remember taking my daughter to see at least one of them, but I don't even recall one detail from it. I might have been the one and only time I fell asleep during part of the movie. Not because the movie was boring or anything, but because at the time, I was working a lot of hours at my job, and I was very tired.

They are definitely the type of movies I like to watch, so I am not sure why I haven't seen them all.

embarrassed in a box GIF

Never seen the Harry Potter movies?? Be careful where you say that outloud. In some hoods that could get you beat up lol.

Edited by Iron_Leopard
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

@SMK Thats alright, Im really not one to fall asleep in theaters but Ive slept through two Star Wars movies... and not that theyre bad or boring either just happened by chance that I was feeling extra groggy those days \_(oo)_/.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, massa_yoda said:

Interesting choices, while I really love DH1 it is the most unconventional of the series. And 5 was always dreadful and irritating to watch with the plot of the ministry trying to ignore the looming dangers if the dark arts, but I digress that ending scene with dumbledore and voldemort sure is badass. Theres other bad and great things I can say about 5.

• Like 4

If all the fights had been like the one between Dumbledore and Riddle instead of the little flashing lights it would've improved all the films immensely. I have to say Prisoner is the best movie though even that has it's problems. I think a big problem with the later films was they had too much to put in the films and some of the decisions they made were very poor.

• Like 2

Duel to the Death

Sorry for putting this here but didn't want to start a new thread. Just a silly video i just made. :bs_laughing:

Favorite Harry Potter movie? Tough one, i like them all. I guess i'd go with either Chamber of Secrets or Prisoner of Azkaban. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I've only seen the first movie. It was alright. Didn't like it enough to watch any of the others though. 

• Like 3