City Of Violence - Korean Action Film

Guest kungfusamurai

Guest kungfusamurai

I just bought this title recently because it looked like it had a pretty cool cover. Yes, I know that's not exactly the best way to judge a movie, but in this case it worked out for the better. Now, I haven't actually sat down through the whole movie to see how it is story and acting wise. But I did scan to the fight scenes, and they are really well done. No wires, no CGI. Some moments of quick cutting, but nothing that Jackie or Sammo didn't do in the 80s. In other words, this is violence, don't the old school way. Lots of awesome spin kicks. Some weapons play. The fights blow away anything that I've seen from HK or Hollywood in recent times. It's like Ong Bak, but without the double knees to the chest brutality.

The one beef I have with the violence is the fact that when you see arms or hands sliced, black blood comes out. You'd think it was an episode of the X-files. I guess there was some concern with red blood being too graphic. If there is a version out there showing red blood, I'd like to find out.

Again, this movie is worth checking out for the awesome fight scenes.

KFS

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest kungfusamurai
I really liked this film. That scene with all those kids chasing those 2 dudes was priceless. Korean cinema is kicking ass.

Yeah, that was cool. I think it was an homage to The Warriors.

KFS

Guest kung fu 750

I got this movie when it first came out. Very good for a Korean action movie. I like Korean movies but most are ganster or romance movies. This was a great kind of 80's style martial arts. Good story and not a lot of action only 2 real fights but they are good. The main guy in the movie was also the bad guy in Arhan another good Korean action martial arts movie.

Archived