Unicorn Chan

thekfc

Unicorn Chan aka the little Unicorn.

He had quite a large filmography with 80+ films.

What are you folks thoughts on him. his career and skills?

• Like 2

I saw him in Way of the Dragon, where he wasn't impressive.

I saw him in Fist of Unicorn where he threatened to impress me, but then didn't.

I saw him in Shaolin Drunk Fighter, which I can't even remember anymore.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I have a soft spot for Fist Of Unicorn. I'd love a remaster,what a cast! He was ok as Jimmy in Way Of The Dragon, in his small role in Fist Of Fury and as Bruce's friend in Man,The Myth.

• Like 3

ShaolinMapache

Fist of Unicorn DVD comes with a full screen English dub and a widescreen print with the original Chinese audio. Bruce Lee did the fight choreography so it is notable for that reason. The movie was average. I feel as if it would have been forgotten if Bruce Lee hadn't been tangentially involved. I remember in Matthew Polly's biography he mentions Unicorn Chan as being a very close friend to Bruce Lee. Even though it's nothing really mind blowing or revolutionary I enjoyed fist of unicorn a lot.

Edited by ShaolinMapache
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ShaolinMapache said:

Fist of Unicorn DVD comes with a full screen English dub and a widescreen print with the original Chinese audio. Bruce Lee did the fight choreography so it is notable for that reason. The movie was average. I feel as if it would have been forgotten if Bruce Lee hadn't been tangentially involved. I remember in Matthew Polly's biography he mentions Unicorn Chan as being a very close friend to Bruce Lee. Even though it's nothing really mind blowing or revolutionary I enjoyed fist of unicorn a lot.

I don't recall seeing this one. If you had to rate the movie 1-5, 5 being the best, what would you rate it?

• Like 1

ShaolinMapache
10 minutes ago, SMK said:

I don't recall seeing this one. If you had to rate the movie 1-5, 5 being the best, what would you rate it?

A 3. It's very average. I'd say just for the die hard Bruce Lee fans who have to see everything he was involved with. 

• Like 3

Cognoscente
On 5/17/2020 at 2:25 AM, ShaolinMapache said:

I remember in Matthew Polly's biography he mentions Unicorn Chan as being a very close friend to Bruce Lee. 

I wonder if Unicorn would have appeared in the properly completed version of GOD. He can be seen on the set in production photos, so it seems like Bruce didn't have a grudge to bear over being exploited during the making of Fist of Unicorn.

• Like 3