All Seasons Entertainment VHS Collection (Jackie Chan)

mpm74

Not sure if this as been posted here, but this is a great Trailer for the line of All Seasons Entertainment JC flick (thanks to the director of the "unseen" Game of Dearth 2000,  @OldPangYau):

video_unique_lg.jpg

s-l1600.jpg.68faf50e56ebb49413646a7d6c04afff.jpg

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used to buy Inside Kung Fu magazine & the advert for these appeared most months but I never had the money to buy any of them. When my local video store finally got them & I rented Dragon Fist I remember being disappointed that there were no ninjas in it after seeing the shuriken on the cover. lol. I've never seen that trailer for Shaolin Wooden Men before, it totally ruins the plot twist! :laugh

3 hours ago, andy338 said:

I used to buy Inside Kung Fu magazine & the advert for these appeared most months but I never had the money to buy any of them. When my local video store finally got them & I rented Dragon Fist I remember being disappointed that there were no ninjas in it after seeing the shuriken on the cover. lol. I've never seen that trailer for Shaolin Wooden Men before, it totally ruins the plot twist! :laugh

LOL! Same here on everything you said. I had to go to 20 different video stores to be able to rent every single title (each one had just one, a couple or none of them!)

sifu iron perm

Spiritual Kung Fu was known as Karate Ghostbusters in the UK rental VHS era..the cover alone got me excited!! Lol

49 minutes ago, sifu iron perm said:

Spiritual Kung Fu was known as Karate Ghostbusters in the UK rental VHS era..the cover alone got me excited!! Lol

That was the thing all those covers got me giddy & I was too innocent/dumb as a kid to realise how they were hooking me in. I thought New Fist of Fury was a First Blood type of film and as I liked that NFOF was another I couldn't wait to see, obviously I was confused to hell with what I ended up watching! And yes having loved Ghostbusters, Karate Ghostbusters sounded ace! Actually I think I was quite lucky in that as I saw Shaolin Wooden Men & Fearless Hyena first I felt that there was some good stuff amongst those films and persisted with renting them out, had I picked up for example Half a loaf of Kung Fu or Fantasy Mission Force at that time I may have dismissed the rest and never gotten into the genre at all.

Man they were trying hilariously hard to pass off these early Chan flicks as being of the same caliber as his later classics. I got suckered into buying their EAGLE SHADOW FIST tape back in the day. Yikes. (And the title on the box isn’t even correct fer chrissakes, it says IN EAGLE SHADOW FIST.) I was very jealous of my buddy because he had picked DRAGON FIST, which at least was actually watchable even though horribly cropped (and cut I think?) because it’s a decent old-school kung fu flick.

Although, after getting really excited about these unseen Jackie flicks because we were knocked flat by Cinema Group Home Video’s POLICE FORCE tape, needless to say we were completely underwhelmed by All Season Entertainment’s “most comprehensive series of Jackie Chan movies on video”, aka badly-mastered cropped faded fuzzy versions of mostly lower-rung early Chan outings.

I must say though that, the more I read about SHAOLIN WOODEN MEN, the more I want to see it. And after just now watching the remastered trailer for SPIRITUAL KUNG FU, now I wanna see that one too. Any chance of a restored uncut English-friendly Blu-ray of those two?

4 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

I must say though that, the more I read about SHAOLIN WOODEN MEN, the more I want to see it. And after just now watching the remastered trailer for SPIRITUAL KUNG FU, now I wanna see that one too. Any chance of a restored uncut English-friendly Blu-ray of those two?

In my opinion Shaolin Wooden Men really is a decent movie, Jackie is physically at the top of his game and he performs a lot more tricky acrobatic moves during fights which I feel like he moved away from after the Lo Wei era. I read that the reason it was decided that Jackie's character doesn't speak was so that he could concentrate more on the action and this shows as the fights are top notch, I can't wait for the anticipated new blu ray for this.

6 hours ago, andy338 said:

In my opinion Shaolin Wooden Men really is a decent movie, Jackie is physically at the top of his game and he performs a lot more tricky acrobatic moves during fights which I feel like he moved away from after the Lo Wei era. I read that the reason it was decided that Jackie's character doesn't speak was so that he could concentrate more on the action and this shows as the fights are top notch, I can't wait for the anticipated new blu ray for this.

There’s an anticipated new Blu-ray...???

21 hours ago, WaverBoy said:

There’s an anticipated new Blu-ray...???

88 Films have teased on social media that there is a clue on there website for a forthcoming release, there is a pic of Jackie on the site taken from SWM so most people are guessing that this will be next up. Nothing has been confirmed by 88 Films yet though.

2 hours ago, andy338 said:

88 Films have teased on social media that there is a clue on there website for a forthcoming release, there is a pic of Jackie on the site taken from SWM so most people are guessing that this will be next up. Nothing has been confirmed by 88 Films yet though.

That would be fantastic should it come to pass, I’m all in.

Archived