Warner Home Video Online Chat - 26-Feb-2007

Guest Senor Quack

Guest Senor Quack

I see that Warner Home Video is having an online chat via the Home Theater Forum on Monday from 8 to 11 PM Eastern Standard Time:

www.hometheaterforum.com/...vchat.html

As mentioned earlier, this might be a good opportunity for an adventurous soul to ask them about what the fate may be of the Kung Fu titles they have control over but have never done anything with (such as Pedicab Driver).

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In last night's online chat, Warner said that they are having active discussions about Golden Harvest films. They also said that there's good news coming soon, or in the next few weeks, about their GH movies.

During last night's chat, I tried to ask them if there's a chance of U.S. theatrical showings of GH or Shaw movies. My question came after WB HV already answered the other person's question about GH, and they gave me the same answer.

As mentioned earlier, this might be a good opportunity for an adventurous soul to ask them about what the fate may be of the Kung Fu titles they have control over but have never done anything with (such as Pedicab Driver).

I remember finding out about last night's chat the day before, because I wrote it down in my datebook. I can't remember which particular website it was where I read about it, however. When you say "...As mentioned earlier..", which website had this news of the event?

Guest Senor Quack

Thanks for the update and thanks to everyone who got online to get GH questions answered from WHV. That's great. When I said "as mentioned before", there has been talk on this and other forums about "the next time WHV has an online chat, we should try to get them to answer questions about...".

Regarding this specific chat, I'm a frequent reader of The Digital Bits and they always post news of upcoming chats on The Home Theater Forum with studios.

The Digital Bits

In fact, they will have a transcript of the entire online chat with WHV up sometime today for those who want to read what was discussed.

Guest Senor Quack

The chat summary has already been posted at the Home Theater Forum:

WHV Chat 26-Feb-08

This is the only relevant excerpt I could "mine" with the time I had to review (from the Home Theater Forum):

Hi! Do you have any plans for releasing any titles from the Golden Harvest library purchased by WB in 1999 to DVD? There are a lot of wonderful films in there like Tsui Hark's THE BLADE, Wai Ka-Fai's TOO MANY WAYS TO BE NO. 1, and Sammo Hung's PEDICAB DRIVER that are collecting

dust while bootleggers rake in cash selling illicit copies. Any official, uncut WB releases of these titles, of

course with accurate subtitles and their original audio mixes, would be welcome indeed. Thanks for taking

the time to listen to us (would-be) customers.

<WARNER> We have been having active discussions about the Golden Harvest titles recently. Should

have good news for you soon.

Archived