Inmate 1: The Rise of Danny Trejo (Documentary) 2020

DragonClaws

I've seen something about Danny before, I forgot what it was, but it was indeed interesting. I'm definitely going to check this one out. Thanks for posting this. 

• Like 2

DragonClaws
14 hours ago, Shaolivevil said:

Danny Trejo is awesome. I'm definitely looking forward to this...

15 hours ago, SMK said:

I've seen something about Danny before, I forgot what it was, but it was indeed interesting. I'm definitely going to check this one out. Thanks for posting this. 

According to his IMDB page, he lent his voice to the English dub of Project A(1983)?.

Maybe @Silver and Gold Dragon knows more about this one?.

• Like 2

Omni Dragon
1 hour ago, DragonClaws said:

According to his IMDB page, he lent his voice to the English dub of Project A(1983)?.

Maybe @Silver and Gold Dragon knows more about this one?.

I'd guess it was for the Echo Bridge/Miramax DVD edit of Project A, which had a new dub and score made for it as well as removing about 8 minutes. 

I've never seen or heard it myself though, I'm not generally in any rush to see Miramax edits of HK action movies.

Edited by Silver and Gold Dragon
  • Like 2

DragonClaws
2 hours ago, Silver and Gold Dragon said:

I'd guess it was for the Echo Bridge/Miramax DVD edit of Project A, which had a new dub and score made for it as well as removing about 8 minutes. 

I've never seen or heard it myself though, I'm not generally in any rush to see Miramax edits of HK action movies.

Thanks for that, that makes sense after looking at his filmogrpahy. He didnt start doing voice work until the 90's.

• Like 2

OpiumKungFuCracker

Trejo is a fucking man!! Hell yeah I'm in! I've been watching a shit ton of documentaries since this quarantine as of late. This one might be the top. 

• Like 2

It's a fantastic documentary. He was all in for it! You're also gonna love Robert Rodriguez's impersonation of Trejo, it made me laugh. The two are actually second cousins. It's coming out tomorrow! I interviewed the producers of the film and will post it later today. Trejo is awesome!!!

• Like 3

On 7/6/2020 at 11:43 AM, AlbertV said:

It's a fantastic documentary. He was all in for it! You're also gonna love Robert Rodriguez's impersonation of Trejo, it made me laugh. The two are actually second cousins. It's coming out tomorrow! I interviewed the producers of the film and will post it later today. Trejo is awesome!!!

I forgot about this. Thanks for the reminder, I will check it out today.

• Like 2

Glad I saw this thread, I'll watch it soon. I watched Desperado for the first time today, Trejo is fantastic, as indeed is the film.

• Like 2

I've just watched this. Danny Trejo is one of the most incredible human beings. I knew he was hardworking but I had no idea how utterly selfless and kind he is. I was a big fan before, but this has tipped him over into one of my all time favourite actors.

• Like 3

On 7/29/2020 at 2:09 PM, DragonClaws said:

Is this documentary only available in the U.S?.

I'm in the UK and watched it on Amazon Prime. Costs £4.49 to rent, well worth it: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Inmate-1-Rise-Danny-Trejo/dp/B089DNK8ZL/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=inmate+%231+the+rise+of+danny+trejo&qid=1596407351&sprefix=inmate&sr=8-1

Edited by SamSeed
  • Like 2